6 Christmas Ornament Ideas for Adults and Kids
By: Julia Litz, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Crafting is a great way to connect with family members during the holiday season. It's also a great way to wind down after a long day of cooking, cleaning and buying. Take a minute to yourself and create unforgettable crafts for Christmas. Better yet, why not round up the entire family and set aside an evening devoted to crafting? This list features some ornaments that you can make on your own and some ornaments that are more kid-friendly. No need to spend money on generic, store-bought ornaments. Instead, save up and make something with materials you already have in your home. These crafts for Christmas require materials felt, burlap, paper and other easy-to-acquire materials.
Whether you love Christmas ornament ideas that feature more traditional images or you want to display something completely out of the ordinary, you can't go wrong with these Christmas ornaments. Make some to hang on your tree and have your kids create some, too. Before you know it, you'll have a tree covered in Christmas balls ornaments, sewn baubles and more.
6 Christmas Ornament Ideas for Kids and Adults
Birdie Ornaments: Cute little birdies can land on your tree this season thanks to Christmas decorating ideas like this one. Use embroidery floss to stitch together the perfect ornament. Make sure to use bright colors so your piece really stands out. This is a great sewing project for anyone that doesn't have access to a sewing machine. Adults can take a minute to themselves and create a whimsical ornament that kids will love to look at.
Crystal Snowflake Ornaments: Don't let the phrases "beaded ornament" intimidate you. This project is actually so simple and can be completed in under an hour. Start with a blank snowflake ornament form and begin sliding on the beads in a pattern of your choice. You don't have to wonder how to make ornaments anymore because this project is perfect for the season. While kids might not be able to create on of their own (the beads might be tough for them to maipulate), they'll surely appreciate the sparkly addition to the family tree.
Pom Burlap Christmas Ornaments: Put away your sewing machine and a needle and thread - this is a no-sew ornament that adults will love to make. Cover a plain plastic ball in fabric scraps - that's all you have to do for this simple project. While this isn't one of those classic Christmas ornaments for kids, it's simple enough that you don't have to spend all day or all night working on it. You can even use scraps of burlap to avoid an expensive trip to the fabric store.
Music Sphere Ornament: Turn a boring Styrofoam ball into a sparkly Christmas ornament. Christmas decorating ideas should really add to your space and this project will definitely stand out from the other ornaments on your tree. Find decorative paper or napkins and use them to cover the Styrofoam. Add an inspirational word strip around the centrer of the ornament and finish it off with some glitter. Since this project requires sticky Mod Podge, it might not be the best project for children. However, if you want to take a minute to yourself and create a homemade ornament that truly sparkles, this is the perfect project for you.
Ballerina Ornament: Capture the delicate and adorable essence of little ballerinas with a handmade ornament. If you're looking for Christmas ornament ideas for the whole family, this is a great craft to try. Kids will love embellishing the popsicle sticks and adding the scraps of fabric to bring the ballerinas to life. Help kids get creative and make crafts for Christmas that can be saved forever. This might not be the most professional-looking project, but it's one you'll want to save forever.
Cardboard Star Ornament: Go green and get your entire family in the holiday spirit. Environmentally-friendly Christmas ornament ideas will help you save money during a notoriously expensive season. Save empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls for this project. Cut them into circular strips, glue the pieces together and spray paint the entire piece. This is a great opportunity for kids to practice their cutting skills. Little ones will love contributing their Christmas decorating ideas and crafts.
Remember, if you enjoyed these 6 Christmas ornament ideas for kids and adults, then you'll love getting even more projects in our free eBook, How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 5 Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids: Easy Christmas Ornament Crafts
- Pom Burlap Christmas Ornaments
- Baby Handprint Ornament
- Yarn Pom Pom Ornament
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make free eBook
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer free eBook
- Rustic North Woods Ornaments
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids free eBook
- Gold Tipped Pinecone Ornament
- Painted Cork Christmas Ornaments
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Natural Straw Star DIY Ornaments
- Color Me Stress-Free Adult Coloring Book Review
- Merry Dots DIY Christmas Card
- 37 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Geometric Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Pretty Paper Angel DIY Window Decoration
- DIY Gift Card Holders with Free Printable Labels
- How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree
- Dingbat Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Joseph and Mary DIY Christmas Card