5 Homemade Gift Ideas for Christmas
By: Julia Litz, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
The Christmas season is the perfect time to test out a new skill and get creative with your Christmas gifts. Don't get someone the same boring present year after year. Instead, save money and get crafty - you don't even have to leave the house! Curl up with your favorite craft supplies and spend an afternoon creating a meaningful gifts that you can give to friends, family, neighbors, teachers and everyone in between.
If you're all out of Christmas gift ideas, you don't have to look far! This list of versatile gift ideas for Christmas is perfect for crafters at all skill levels. Plus, you don't have to buy expensive material or heavy duty supplies. Use what you have and find ways to go green this season - it's a great way to save money! Brainstorm some Christmas ideas for gifts and choose projects that use scrap fabric, recycled jars or dollar store items. You can even upcycle an old piece or refashion something that's plan and boring. No need to tell the recipient about their gift's humble beginnings!
Skip the mall and stay home with these ideas for homemade gifts. Start with one project and soon enough, you'll be hooked on DIY projects! A personalized gift really shows you care, so the more fun touches and embellishments, the better. Get creative and really think about the person's interest - they'll love that their gift was created just for them.
5 Homemade Gift Ideas for Christmas
Etched Glassware: All you need is etching cream and a glass for this simple Christmas craft. You can find inexpensive glassware at a thrift or discount store and print out images, words and more from your own home. If you're look for gift ideas for Christmas parties and exchanges, this is the project for you. Best of all, it doesn't take long to create your own etched glasses - you can make a bunch in a short period of time and save them for later. Add a few personalized glasses to a stocking or gift bag when the holidays roll around. Before you know it, all of your friends will have their own personalized glass.
Refashioned Christmas Sweater: Next time you hit your local discount store, look for a plain sweater. Bring it home and add some simple embellishments to make the ultimate holiday wearable. Ideas for homemade gifts often revolve around buying something brand new and immediately wrapping it up, but when you find a cheap item and add a personal touch, it means so much more. Dust off your sewing machine or simply thread a needle - once you start adding embellishments, you might not be able to stop yourself. Use red, white and green ribbon and fabric for this project.
Personalized Casserole Dish: Save that etching cream and make a present for your favorite domestic diva. This simple Christmas craft can be created in a short time but is so meaningful. You can add a monogram or personalize the dish with an inspiring word, phrase or image. Save money and purchase the casserole dish at a discount store - it's a great way to save money during the holiday season. This gift will come in handy all year long and will never go out of style. The gift recipient might even find some culinary inspiration and cook you a delicious dish!
Snowflake Soaps: Houseguests are a sure sign that the holiday season is in full swing. If you're in need of some Christmas gift ideas for the social butterfly, give them some homemade soap to put in their bathroom. When guests come to their house, they'll fall in love with the festive touch added to the bathroom or kitchen sink. Find pre-cut snowflakes at your local craft store to make this project even more quick and simple. You can even buy melt and pour soap and scents for your gift - it doesn't get more fun and easy than this awesome project.
Coffee Cup Cozy: The holidays and warm beverages go together like salt and pepper - you can't have one without the other! If you're an avid java drinker, you know how easy it is to burn your hands when touching a fresh cup of coffee. Instead of reaching for a wasteful paper sleeve, consider creating a Coffee Cup Cozy. This is an extremely practical gift that is perfect for anyone with limited sewing skills. Dig into your fabric stash and use up old scraps - your friends (and they're unburnt hands) will surely thank you!
Remember, if you enjoyed these 5 homemade gift ideas for Christmas, then you'll love getting even more projects in our free eBook, 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 49 Cheap Homemade Christmas Crafts
- The Ultimate Gift Guide: 295 Homemade Christmas Gifts and Ideas
- 34 Cheap Creative Christmas Gifts
- Anthropologie Inspired Holiday Mug
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- 20 Teacher Gift Ideas for Christmas
- Vintage Framed Snowflake
- 7 Mason Jar Christmas Crafts & Christmas Gifts in a Jar free eBook
- Make a Gift with One of Our 8 Most Popular Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
- Chic French Inspired Gift Tags and Tape
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Painted Christmas Ornaments Video Tutorial
- DIY Rustic Wood Ornament
- Easy DIY Dot Ornaments
- Santa and Snowman Mini Christmas Wreath
- DIY Elf On The Shelf Coat
- Top 100 Christmas Crafts: Christmas Ornament Crafts, Angel Crafts, Wreaths, and More
- Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Video Tutorial
- Super Sweet DIY Gingerbread Man Banner
- Truly Unique DIY Snowflake Ornament
- Razzle Dazzle Beaded Snowflake Ornament