5 Homemade Christmas Decorations to Make Now
By: Julia Litz, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Capture warm holiday feelings and start making Christmas decorating ideas? Even if the weather outside isn't exactly frightful, you can still start working on these 5 Homemade Christmas Decorations to Make Now. The key to making christmas home decorations is selecting materials that are readily available.
Grab your favorite fabric, stock up on miniature clay pots and dig up some glitter - these projects are simple but make a huge impact during the holiday season. Enjoy the crafting process and gather up the whole family for these projects - you can't go wrong with these christmas decoration ideas. DIY Christmas decorations make great craft for kids and adults to make together. In addition to hanging your creations in your home, you can give away your homemade Christmas decorations as gifts. Everyone love looking at a personalized ornament or a personalized frame that comes from the heart. DIY Christmas decorations are a great option if you're looking for a gift for a holiday-loving friend or family member.
5 Homemade Christmas Decorations to Make Now
Christmas can be a stressful season, especially when you're trying to save money. Don't become a scrooge or hide away during the holidays to avoid spending cash. Instead, use this list of 38 Cheap and Adorable Christmas Crafts as inspiration. You'll find fun homemade Christmas decorations and craft project ideas that everyone can enjoy. DIY Christmas decorations are a fun way to get into the holiday spirit and celebrate the season.
Glittered Glass Slipper Ornaments: Start with a plain plastic shoe and turn it into a girly ornament. Cover the shoe in Mod Podge and start sprinkling the entire piece with glitter. You can also cut out words and phrases from books and magazines to personalize the ornament and make it inspirational. This project shows that DIY Christmas decorations for your tree don't have to be stuffy or traditional.
Dough Bear Ornaments: Make your own bread dough for this fun and easy-to-make Christmas project. Once you've rolled out the pieces and built your bears, you can bake the dough in your oven. Homemade Christmas ornaments are a great way to bond as a family and you can have kids help you make the dough and paint the bears (just make sure no one sneaks a taste of the batter). You can even give this craft as homemade Christmas gifts when the holiday season rolls around.
Baby Jesus Ornament: Homemade Christmas crafts should be fun to make, but if there isn't meaning behind them, you could be missing out on an important opportunity. If you're searching for Christmas decorating ideas that can be made as a family, look no further than this ornament.
Christmas Clay Pot Snowman: DIY Christmas decorations for mantels don't have to be over the top and complicated. Save some miniature clay pots throughout the warmer months and use them to create your own little snowmen. Place a few on your mantel, table or desk for a fun holiday touch. You can use scrap felt to create hats for your snowmen.
Crochet Christmas Mice: While these mice are meant to keep your felice friends busy, that doesn't mean you can't use them as Christmas home decorations as well. Line these mice on your mantel to help you get in the Christmas spirit. These little guys may not seem like they fit in with the rest of your Christmas home decor, but if you use red and green yarn, they really blend in.
If you like these 5 homemade Christmas decorations to make now, then you'll love getting even more projects in our free eBook, 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer. You'll find a variety of DIY Christmas decorations that you can make even when the weather is warm. You'll definitely want to use these christmas home decorations and craft project ideas when celebrating Christmas in July and preparing for the holiday season ahead. Kids and adults can work on these Christmas craft projects, so be sure to gather up the family before you get started.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- A Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes free eBook
- A Vintage Christmas: 15 Old Fashioned Craft Ideas
- Hanging Ribbons Christmas Card Display
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects free eBook
- Homemade Air Fresheners
- Satin Ribbon and Felt Poinsettia
- Lacy Paper Snowflake
- Rustic Pine Cone Light Basket
- Tiny Gnome Pom Pom Crafts
- 8 Unique Christmas Decorations to Make free eBook
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- No-Sew Felt Decorative Tray
- Wreath and Candy Cane Beaded Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Wreaths: 9 Charming Burlap Wreaths
- Five Fingers Snowman Ornament
- 25 Homemade Christmas Stockings
- Modern Angel DIY Christmas Card
- A Very Vintage Christmas Paper Ornament
- Novelty Felt Figgy Pudding Shoe Decorations
- Bursting Bead Christmas Ball Ornaments
- Cheeky Christmas Cookie Printable Gift Tags