5 Homemade Christmas Gifts for Adults
By: Julia Litz, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
As the holiday season draws near, you might find yourself racking your brain for fun and functional gifts for friends, neighbors, and teachers. Christmas gifts for adults serve an important function - they show you care and express gratitude for a year's worth of love and attention. Unlike gifts for kids or teens, gifts for adults should be functional, versatile and above all, meaningful. Kids may enjoy flashy gifts and the latest gadgets, but truly value the time and energy put into homemade gift ideas. Use your crafty skills and create ornaments, handy gifts and more. You can give these gifts before Christmas so they are displayed when it matters most.
Use recycled materials and fabric scraps for many of these simple homemade Christmas gifts. You can even grab your crochet hook and make a stocking for a loved one. This list is full of ideas for crafters at all skill levels. You'll never go wrong when you think outside the box for your Christmas craft. Gift ideas should be both creative and easy to execute; that way, you won't have to stress in the days leading up to Christmas morning. Enjoy the process and make some homemade Christmas gifts for adults you love and cherish.
5 Homemade Christmas Gifts for Adults
- Christmas Card Saver: Save your Christmas cards and make a book that you can give to a friend or family member. This is a meaningful way to show you've saved up keepsakes over the years. If you're someone that likes saving holiday greetings, you probably have a stack of old cards you don't know what to do with. Use a simple hole punch and ribbon to put the book together. Homemade Christmas gifts are a meaningful alternative to generic, store-bought items. This gift shows that you've held on to important cards over the years and want to show you care. Add a piece of chipboard to the back of your book to ensure that it lasts a long time. Feel free to add your own embellishments and provide additional comments on each page. When it comes to homemade gift ideas, you can't go wrong with a little personalization.
- Homemade Photo Ornament from Christmas Cards: Use simple folding techniques and multiple paper squares to create this three-dimensional ornament. By recycling Christmas cards, you can save yourself a trip to the craft store and cut your overall trash haul. Plus, you can find something to do with those stacks of old Christmas cards. Add meaningful images to your cards for a fun and meaningful touch. If you're all out of ideas for homemade Christmas gifts, this is a simple option that won't take long. Give one of these ornaments to a grandparent or out-of-town relative. They'll love looking at their tree and seeing members of your family!
Think outside the box even further by making some of these one-of-a-kind homemade Christmas ornaments. Check out this collection, 17 Unique and Unexpected DIY Christmas Ball Ornaments, to find the most interesting Christmas ornament crafts!
- Christmas Candy Jar Labels: A huge trend in crafting is mason jars. Gifts in a jar, desserts in a jar - there are so many ways to reuse this versatile supply! As you head into the holiday season, save those glass jars instead of popping them into the recycle bin. Don't just fill them with treats and give them away during the holiday season. Turn this simple gift into a fun Christmas craft. Gift ideas should be catered to the recipient, so many some labels and add elements that really capture the person's attitude and personality. Use felt, a needle and thread to add a fun touch to your simple gift in a jar.
- Felt and Wire Angel: You only need felt scraps and a 14-inch piece of wire for these simple yet adorable ornaments. You can even use hot glue to attach the wings and finish your angel. This is the perfect homemade Christmas gifts for adults who love to decorate their tree with unique ornaments. You don't have to spend a fortune on gifts to show you care. A meaningful ornament can go a long way, especially when you add personal touches. For a different take on this project, simply add an angel to the outside of a wrapped gift and let it serve as a tag. Either way, this is one of those homemade Christmas gifts that you can create during a crafty afternoon.
- Crochet Christmas Holiday Stocking: Looking for homemade gift ideas that will last for many years? Crochet a Christmas stocking that is sure to become an heirloom. Go traditional this season and make a meaningful Christmas craft. Gift ideas can come in all shapes and sizes, and this simple stocking is perfect for the special adults in your life. Use the galaxy stitch and single crochet to work up your own version of this holiday staple.
Remember, if you enjoyed these 5 homemade Christmas gifts for adults, then you'll love getting even more projects in our free eBook, 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Adult Coloring Turned Christmas Coasters
- 7 Mason Jar Christmas Crafts & Christmas Gifts in a Jar free eBook
- 49 Cheap Homemade Christmas Crafts
- Christmas Gift Guide: 14 DIY Christmas Gifts for Everyone on Your List free eBook
- Holiday Guest Towel with Crochet Trim
- Holiday Throw Blanket
- 34 Cheap Creative Christmas Gifts
- Colorful Retro Christmas Dishtowels
- 30 Cute Gift Ideas for Friends + 8 Gift Wrap Tutorials
- Rudolph and Friends DIY Baby Toys
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects