Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"These trees were made with toilet paper and paper towel dowels and then painted with different shades of green to make them more dimensional. The snow blanket on the base with the miniature ornament made them more festive."
Estimated Cost: $11-$20
Time to complete: In an evening
Main Material: Paper
- Toilet and/or paper towel rolls (several of them)
- Paints (different shades of green)
- Cardboard cone for the tree
- Glue gun
- Miniature ornaments
- Base for bottom of tree (round circular 10"-12")
- White cotton for base of the tree
- Flatten the t.p and paper towel rolls. Mark 1/2" intervals with ruler and pen from one to another.
- Cut each interval into a strip. You will have several strips.
- Lay out newspaper before painting the strips. Paint every strip inside and out and let them dry.
- Cut a cardboard base (about 10"-12") and paint that also.
- To make depth to some branches, you can makes streaks of different shade of green to make it real.
- Starting at the bottom of cone of the tree. Take a strip and with the glue gun hold it for a few second until it secure.
- Repeat it for the next but leave a space between each strip.
- Do that step for each row until you get to the top of the tree.
- With some craft glue, paint on some streaks of glue on random branches, sprinkle on some white glitter on some to make it look like snow.
- Dab the top of the trees and put some faux snow on top.
- Put some same craft snow on the base, cover with faux snow and glue the miniature ornaments the way you want.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Rag Ribbon Tabletop Christmas Trees
Mossy Tabletop Christmas Tree
Illuminated Christmas Trees
Flocked Mini Topiary Trees
Blue and White Coffee Filter Craft Tree
Simple Burlap Christmas Tree
Easy Paper Christmas Tree
Sewing Pattern Christmas Tree
Ruffled Christmas Tree Forest
Festive Folded Book Page Tree
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects