11 Old-Fashioned Knit Christmas Stockings
By: Julia Litz, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Go traditional this holiday season with these 11 Old-Fashioned Knit Christmas Stockings. Learn how to knit a Christmas stocking you can hang with pride and save for years to come. Make one for yourself and another for a loved one. Handmade gifts really show your loved ones how much they mean to you. We have pulled together our favorite DIY Christmas stockings to get you in the mood to knit. With the help of these patterns, you'll learn how to knit a stocking that will remain keepsakes for generations to come. So put those needles to work and start making homemade Christmas stockings for everyone on your list.
Learn how to knit a Christmas stocking that is traditional, or make one that looks completely different from what you'd expect. You can even learn how to knit a tiny stocking ornament. Knit Christmas stockings are as synonymous with the season as trees, snow, and angels. Create new memories and evoke the best aspects of the Christmas season when you learn how to knit a stocking on your very own. Don't be afraid to try something new - these DIY Christmas stockings may seem complicated, but they are so worth the effort.
11 Old-Fashioned Knit Christmas Stockings
Table of Contents
These free printable eBooks are perfect for anyone who loves to craft for Christmas!
A knit stocking pattern is a great craft to make before Christmas. They require time, effort, and thought. Start today and make fantastic knit Christmas stockings for everyone in your family. Mom will love the Mary Lou, which uses a striped motif and tons of fun colors. Make a fun striped stocking for your brother or an elegant cabled homemade stocking for your sister. For something super unique, check out the knit Christmas stocking that looks like a Polar Bear leg! Of course, these are only suggestions. Let these patterns inspire you to put your own twist on the traditional Christmas stocking pattern. Experiment with colors, yarn weight, designs, and embellishments to tailor your DIY Christmas stockings to your loved ones.
If you aren't a fan of knitting or just want to try something new, check out these 24 Christmas Stocking Crafts. In addition to free knitted Christmas stocking patterns, you'll find crochet patterns and crafts for kids. Discover a printable Christmas stocking pattern for each member of your family - they'll love the personal touches. No matter which of these free Christmas stocking patterns you choose, you can rest assured that the finished project will be lovely and unique.
Learn how to make a Christmas stocking that makes a big impression. Your family and friends will be truly touched when they receive their one-of-a-kind Christmas gifts. If you're new to knitting, don't worry; you can easily learn how to create a free knit Christmas stocking pattern before the holiday is here. If you need some DIY Christmas stocking to get you started, you're in luck. Get knitting today and enjoy the look of your creation throughout the holiday season.
BONUS! Crazy Colorful Knit Stocking
If you love free Christmas stocking patterns, then you'll definitely want to make your own ornaments, too. These creative and free knitting patterns will help you create lasting keepsakes that will help your tree really stand out. Best of all, these patterns are much less complicated than free knitted Christmas stocking patterns and take a lot less time. Get inspired to move your needles with Knitting Projects: 11 Homemade Ornaments - you won't be disappointed.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Knit Stocking for Christmas
- 11 Old-Fashioned Knit Christmas Stockings
- Mini Mitten Stuffed Stocking
- Simple Striped Stocking
- Fleur-de-Lis and Striped DIY Stockings
- Vibrant Stripe DIY Christmas Stocking
- Knitted Mini Christmas Stockings
- Sweet Folk DIY Christmas Stocking
- Mary Lou's Holiday Stocking
- "Magi B" Knit Christmas Stockings
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wine Bottle Angel DIY Christmas Decoration
- No-Sew Felt Decorative Tray
- Wreath and Candy Cane Beaded Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Wreaths: 9 Charming Burlap Wreaths
- Five Fingers Snowman Ornament
- 25 Homemade Christmas Stockings
- Modern Angel DIY Christmas Card
- A Very Vintage Christmas Paper Ornament
- Novelty Felt Figgy Pudding Shoe Decorations
- Bursting Bead Christmas Ball Ornaments