A Vintage Christmas: 15 Old Fashioned Craft Ideas
These vintage Christmas crafts are the perfect way to reminisce on the Christmases of years past.
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Look back to Christmas past this year with our new collection, A Vintage Christmas: 15 Old Fashioned Craft Ideas. You can make quite a statement with your Christmas home decor by including a vintage craft or a traditional Christmas ornament craft. You can even bring a classic look to your own personal style with vintage DIY Christmas fashion. However you choose to take your holidays back in time, the results will be like something right out of a movie. These vintage Christmas crafts ideas will truly change look and feel or your Christmas holiday. You will be happy with the results.
Get ready to step back in time with some of these fantastic old fashioned crafts that exude a vintage feel. Nearly all of these homemade Christmas decorations are budget-friendly so that you don't have to spend a lot to have expensive-looking DIY ornaments, gift ideas, wearable crafts, and traditional Christmas decorations.
Table of Contents
Download our free and fabulous eBook and learn how to make Christmas mason jar crafts that look great and cost next to nothing to complete! Check these out: 7 Mason Jar Christmas Crafts & Christmas Gifts in a Jar free eBook
Vintage Christmas Ornaments
An easy way to bring a classic look to your home is with some vintage craft ornaments for your tree.
- Vintage Bird Cage OrnamentUnique Christmas ornaments are hard to find in the store. Now, you can use this Vintage Bird Cage Ornament tutorial to create a truly incredible tree decoration. Use acrylic paints, a butterfly embellishment and other fun materials for this vintage craft. This project will definitely help you give your tree decorations a more antique feel. This ornament is also lovely to look at and will impress all who see it.
- Vintage Decoupage OrnamentsIf you're a fan of old fashioned crafts, you'll want to make some Vintage Decoupage Ornaments. Homemade Christmas ornaments have never been this easy, and the materials are so inexpensive that you'll be able to create enough of these vintage ornaments to decorate your whole tree. Grab your favorite classic image or pattern and get ready to take your handmade Christmas ornament crafts back in time. It is fun to decorate your tree with a variety of different types of ornaments and give it your own style each season.
- Vintage Winter Ornament TutorialCreate an ornament that will twinkle through the ages. This Vintage Winter Ornament Tutorial will show you how to make a paper Christmas ornament that echos of a Victorian Christmas. Work with sheet music, glitter, paint, and holiday shapes to create a beautiful keepsake.
- Vintage Santa Christmas OrnamentBonus: You will love this Vintage Santa Christmas Ornament for many reasons. The first reason is that it looks like a beautiful vintage Christmas ornament. The second reason is that it's easy to make. The third reason is that you'd never guess it's actually one of the cleverest recycled Christmas ornaments, using what you probably already have in the house. You actually use frozen juice lids as the base of this craft. This vintage-inspired ornament will look amazing hung on your Christmas tree this year.
Old Fashioned Gift Ideas
- Happy Christmas FrameThe Happy Christmas Frame will put a smile on your face both while you're making it and once it's finished. This one-of-a-kind frame has a vintage and special feel to it and can hold memories inside for display.
- Japanese Inspired Cards and EnvelopesSpread good tidings with these Japanese Inspired Cards and Envelope. Using wooden envelopes and craft paper, you can design simple handmade cards for all of your loved ones. Whether you're sending handmade greeting cards or thank you cards, whoever receives this one-of-a-kind project will be very thankful. There are so many Christmas cards for kids to make, but this particular project is unique as it showcases another country and their art as well.
- Sophisticated Gentleman's DecorationFor a classy gift for someone special this Christmas, make a Sophisticated Gentleman's Decoration. This versatile project created with stamps can be either a snazzy Christmas ornament or a lovely gift tag. Either way, this stamping project is sure to be a success.
- Snowflake Crochet DishclothBonus: Add some festive decor to your kitchen during the Christmas season with this beautiful Snowflake Crochet Dishcloth. It is one of the most functional crochet projects you can make for your home. This crochet dishcloth has a bright white edge and a rich red base, with a stunning white snowflake in the center.
Classic Christmas Fashion
Emulate the fashion of yesteryear with DIY fashion that will have everyone talking.
- Be a style sensation this Christmas with an Anthropologie Inspired Vintage Bracelet. It's the hottest new way to turn old neckties into a fashion DIY sensation. This fabric craft doesn't require any sewing, so you can finish it in no time. Your Christmas fashion will have a vintage look, but still have a cute, modern shape that other DIY clothing fans of all ages will be impressed with. You can make one for yourself, or give it as the most stylish refashioning gift a loved one will have ever received.
- Vintage Father Christmas PinIf you're hoping to make a unique piece of craft jewelry this Christmas, design a Vintage Father Christmas Pin. Not only would this look amazing with your Christmas wearables, but it also makes for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for someone special. Learn to make jewelry with a vintage effect that you could never find in-stores.
- Lace and Tulle HeadbandCelebrate the season with a Lace and Tulle Headband. This Christmas craft idea is romantic and pretty. Make it for yourself or give it to your friend.
- Stunning Lace DIY NecklaceBonus: If you've ever wanted to create a unique piece of jewelry then you need to check out this Stunning Lace DIY Necklace. Reusing old pieces of jewelry, lace, and crochet, you can create a variety of jaw-dropping necklaces to take your outfit to the next level. Give your friends something that's one-of-a-kind this year with the help of this easy tutorial.
Traditional Christmas Decorations
Make a homemade Christmas decoration that looks believably antique.
- Stockings from a Vintage QuiltThere's no need to buy new fabric for this homemade Christmas craft. Make Stockings from a Vintage Quilt instead. This is a meaningful craft that can be passed down to future generations.
- Victorian Christmas WreathYour home will look truly old fashioned with a Victorian inspired wreath craft.
- Vintage Butter DishAdd some class to your holiday table this Christmas with a Vintage Butter Dish. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to make an ordinary plate go back in time. This DIY Christmas decoration is perfect for fans of vintage Christmas crafts.
- Where the Wild Things Are Max StockingBring a classic children's book character to life this Christmas with a Where the Wild Things Are Max Stocking. This Christmas stocking pattern is a unique sewing Christmas gift that fans of the book will love to display during the holidays. Put your sewing to good use this year with a magical little project for the wild thing in your family.
- Traditional Christmas WreathWelcome your guests this Christmas with a spirited Traditional Christmas Wreath. The warm colors and realistic appearance make this wreath look as if you bought it! Learn how to make a decorative wreath that's festive, but also long-lasting.
- Vintage Picture Frame DIY WreathIf you are looking for recycled Christmas decorations that are out of the box and unique, you must make this Vintage Picture Frame DIY Wreath. This simple yet stunning DIY Christmas wreath is made from an old picture frame. Vintage frames have rustic, detailed elements that can't be beat. Without the glass, an oval or circle frame becomes a perfect wreath base. Add some Christmas swag, like pine needles and pine cones, and you'll have one of the most gorgeous vintage Christmas decorations on the block.
- Very Vintage Tinsel WreathNothing quite says Christmas like tinsel, and this vintage wreath is the perfect craft for getting that timeless look. Complete with a candle, it's too traditional to pass up.
In our angel eBook, you will see all of the different ways you can create your own Christmas angel to decorate any room in your house. Check out some of these crafts: How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts free eBook
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- June Tailor Mug Mats
- Easy Snowmen Winter Snacks
- Metallic Let It Snow Decorative Sign
- Treat Yo Self DIY Cookie Jar
- DIY Terra Cotta Gingerbread Man
- Moda Fabrics
- Cookie Cutter Repurposed Sweater Christmas Decorations
- Twig and Pine Cone DIY Wreath
- Play All Day Fabric Collection
- Fun Foam Christmas Tree Ornaments
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects