25+ Christmas Lighting Ideas: Lanterns, Candles, and More
Your home will be ready for the holidays in no time when you keep these Christmas light ideas in mind!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Oh what a light! Let your homemade Christmas decorations shine this year by taking a tip or two from our collection of 25+ Christmas Lighting Ideas: Lanterns, Candles, and More. There is so much more to holiday lighting than simply setting up a strand or two of lights in your home! With this collection of easy Christmas crafts, you'll discover new ways to create a warm ambience and glow in your home that will be perfect for the holidays. Visitors to your home will feel so welcomed when they see these beautiful light decorations and displays.
From handmade candles to upcycled lighting displays, you'll learn how to create DIY Christmas lights that are bold, dramatic, and full of light when you take a look at these excellent and budget-friendly Christmas projects. Your house and heart will be all aglow thanks to these DIY lanterns, candles, luminaries, and so many more lighting decorations.
Table of Contents
Do-It-Yourself Lanterns to Light Up the House
If it's DIY lanterns you're after, you've come to the right place. Explore these do-it-yourself lanterns and incorporate them into this year's Christmas lighting ideas. These aren't merely glass jars with a tea light inside. Instead, you'll discover that these decorative Christmas crafts vary in look and materials. Make the most of these Christmas lighting ideas for both inside of your home and outdoors, especially when placed along the sidewalk to your front door or even on your front porch. Just remember to use LED candles with paper or wood lanterns, and you'll be ready to shine!
Once these lights are put on display, you'll be glad you took the time to construct them from these Christmas craft projects! By using handmade lanterns, you can give your home a unique and creative look for the holidays. Your home will have a festive look in no time with these crafts.
Speaking of lighting, how will you store your Christmas lights when the holidays are over? Our tips can help you out! How to Store Christmas Lights
Christmas Candle Projects for Gifts
It's impossible to brainstorm Christmas lighting ideas without involving candle projects. This list contains instructions for both DIY candle holders and even homemade candles for Christmas. Get ready, as these aren't your average candle crafts. From burlap to ice, you'll use materials that you probably never thought to involve in your do-it-yourself Christmas decor.
If you've made enough candle crafts for yourself, then consider these Christmas lighting ideas as possible gifts. Candles are always appreciated by a friend or family member, as well as your child's teachers, your dog walkers, and anyone else on your holiday shopping list. Tote these delightful candle crafts along to parties this season and gift them to a gracious host or hostess. You can always make a few duplicates of these projects and keep them on hand for last-minute gifts, too! These candles will be as well received by others as they are by you.
You can decorate your home with even more beautiful handmade designs! This free eBook will get you started: 8 Unique Christmas Decorations to Make free eBook
Christmas Light Ideas for the Entire Home
If you've ever wanted to learn how to make a luminary, the answer lies below with an assortment of projects. These creative handmade luminaries aren't the only projects in store for these Christmas light ideas. Learn how to craft Christmas decorations that reflect the light from your tree or even hold a string of lights differently. We've even included a few festive marquee designs so you can share holiday greetings with your guests.
It's time to branch out in your DIY Christmas decor by creating something different and fabulous. With these projects, you'll make new Christmas crafts that can be used for years to come. You won't have to spend a small fortune getting your home ready for the holidays, as many of these projects upcycle and repurpose items you likely already have on hand. Don't be intimated by these Christmas light ideas. You'll be ready to try your hand at new and luminous Christmas crafts in very little time!
Need a few tips on how to make your Christmas tree look just right? From ideas on how to hang the Christmas lights to homemade ornaments and more, this is one resource you need to see before the holidays! You'll want to take a look at How to Decorate a Christmas Tree
What is your favorite Christmas lighting idea?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Key to Christmas Homemade Snow Globe
- DIY Succulent Christmas Tree
- Cross-Stitched Vintage Tennis Rackets
- 16 Country Christmas Craft Ideas
- Winter Wonderland free eBook
- 10 Christmas in Spring Crafts
- German Paper Stars
- 45+ Cheap Christmas Decorations for Your Home
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas free eBook
- 10 Minute Winter Wonderland
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create free eBook
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- Flower Motif Edged Crochet Table Mat
- Loopy Spring Coaster - Created Out Of Bulky Yarn Made From One Ball Of Light Weight Yarn
- Personalized Santa Pup Ornament
- Diy Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
- Santa Pup Treat Jar
- Crochet Mini Treat Bags
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects