Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns
By: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Crochet ornaments are truly fabulous Christmas projects. They are small, which usually means they are quick to make. There is an endless supply of free crochet patterns for Christmas ornaments, so you should never run out of ideas or inspiration. You can decorate an entire tree exclusively with crochet, or you can gift the ornaments to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. They are perfect little presents for anyone on your list.
Now that we've established that crochet ornaments are fantastic crafts, all we need are projects! Here at AllFreeChristmasCrafts, you can find Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns. From wreaths to snowflakes to Santa and more, you are sure to find an abundance of Christmas crafting inspiration right here, right now.
Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns
Table of Contents
Wreath Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Crochet Snowflake Patterns
Stocking and Clothes Ornaments
Crochet Santa Claus Ornaments
DIY Animal Ornaments
Homemade Ball Ornaments
More Crochet Ornaments for Christmas
Who says you have to work on Christmas ornaments all by yourself? Gather up the kids and work on a few of the projects feature in 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids. This free downloadable eBook features fun and interesting projects that the whole family can enjoy. Everyone will feel the holiday spirit when they get one look at these homemade Christmas ornaments. Start working on some today and before you know it you'll have a tree covered with handmade designs and free Christmas ornaments.
Christmas wreaths are a traditional Christmas decoration that makes for adorable crochet Christmas ornaments. Decorate your tree with these beautiful crochet ornament ideas. Many of these wreath ornaments are fabulous for beginners because you just crochet the same design in a circle until finished.
Crochet snowflake patterns are some of the loveliest crochet crafts for the holidays. Using lightweight yarn, these free easy crochet patterns always look so elaborate and turn out absolutely beautiful. You don't even have to use white yarn! Experiment with festive colors or really any color when you try these crochet ornaments.
The only thing cuter than Christmas clothing is miniature Christmas clothing. Your tree will look precious when you adorn it with sweater ornaments and stocking ornaments this year. The sweaters can double as doll clothing. The stocking ornaments can double as regular stockings for the mantel, perfect if someone you know is only getting a lump of coal! Just kidding.
There are so many great crochet Christmas ornaments out there, so be sure you don't settle for something boring. Make sure this doesn't happen by checking out the projects featured in 12 Crochet Christmas Ornaments. Each of these free Christmas patterns is unique and so much fun to make. You can make these ornaments and hang them on your tree or give them away as meaningful gifts.
Santa has been a classic Christmas icon for years and will be for years to come. Decorate your tree with Santa crochet Christmas ornaments this year. Once you learn how to crochet your own ornaments, you'll never want to buy one from a store.
Do you love animals? There are no cuter crochet Christmas ornaments than animal ornaments, and we have two to choose from. Try making an adorable reindeer ornament, perfect for the holiday season. If you love owls, we have an owl crochet ornament for you to try, too.
If you're looking for a simpler ornament craft, try making one of these homemade ball ornaments. You can try making miniature versions of regular round ornaments, or you can try an even more unique ball ornament. Every tree needs simple ornaments to balance out the complicated ones.
Find so many more Christmas icons in this ornament category. You can make a Christmas pickle---and find out what that means, too---or try making a pretty little peppermint. Maybe you want to square off your corners and make ornaments shaped like presents, or perhaps you'd like to make a Star of Bethlehem Crochet Ornament.
Free Craft Video: How to Make a Sewn Heart Ornament
What is your favorite Christmas craft to crochet? Let us know in the comments below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crochet Ornaments: 27 Free Christmas Patterns
- 19 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas
- 33 Burlap Projects: Christmas Craft Ideas You Can't Miss
- DIY Christmas Decorations: 300+ Christmas Craft Ideas
- Most Popular Christmas Crafts: Snowmen vs Angels
- 15 Popsicle Stick Crafts and Other Stick Art
- Keepsake Christmas Crafts: 13 Photo Projects and Personalized Craft Ideas
- 27 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Summer
- Bottles and Cans: 28 Upcycling Ideas
- A Summer Christmas: 21 Christmas in July Crafts
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Natural Straw Star DIY Ornaments
- Color Me Stress-Free Adult Coloring Book Review
- Merry Dots DIY Christmas Card
- 37 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Geometric Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Pretty Paper Angel DIY Window Decoration
- DIY Gift Card Holders with Free Printable Labels
- How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree
- Dingbat Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Joseph and Mary DIY Christmas Card