Frilly Sashay Crochet Scarf
Gifts are so much more meaningful when they are handmade. The Frilly Sashay Crochet Scarf is an excellent gift idea for Christmas. Follow this free crochet scarf pattern to learn how to make an easy and beautiful scarf.
You won't believe how easy this scarf is to crochet, and the finished scarf is absolutely gorgeous! Create a unique scarf that your loved one will cherish, and whip one up for yourself, too. Cozy up these winter months with crochet projects.
- RED HEART® Boutique ™ “Sashay™”: 1 ball 1949 Salsa.
- Crochet Hook: 8.0mm [US L-11].
- Two stitch markers, sewing needle and thread.
Scarf measures 4½” wide x 36” long
GAUGE: 5 sts = 4½”. Gauge is not important to this project.
- Stretch one end of the Sashay open for several inches and lay it flat; place the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Notice that the Sashay yarn is a mesh of holes. You will be working with the top of the mesh and leaving the metallic edge loose to form the ruffle. Hook a stitch marker under both top loops of the first sc in each row, moving the markers up each side of the scarf as it progresses. Always turn the work in the same direction at the end of each row.
- Beginning 6” from the raw edge, insert hook through the top of the mesh and pick up a loop. Chain 1, insert and close a stitch marker under both top loops of the ch st, marking the first st. Ch 5 going into every other hole in the mesh., turn.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, marking the sc with a stitch pin. Sc in next 4 ch, removing the stitch marker at the end of the row. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Sc in each sc across, marking 1st sc in row. Ch 1, turn. Repeat Row 2 to desired length.
- At each end of the scarf, trim the yarn to 6” and tuck the loose end between the nearest two ruffle layers. Using sewing needle and matching thread, tack the end firmly in place.
Find more great projects from Red Heart when you visit Red Heart's Christmas company profile.
Read NextGlittery Crochet Christmas Scarf