Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"These trees were made with toilet paper and paper towel dowels and then painted with different shades of green to make them more dimensional. The snow blanket on the base with the miniature ornament made them more festive."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Toilet and/or paper towel rolls (several of them)
- Paints (different shades of green)
- Cardboard cone for the tree
- Glue gun
- Miniature ornaments
- Base for bottom of tree (round circular 10"-12")
- White cotton for base of the tree
Flatten the t.p and paper towel rolls. Mark 1/2" intervals with ruler and pen from one to another.
Cut each interval into a strip. You will have several strips.
Lay out newspaper before painting the strips. Paint every strip inside and out and let them dry.
Cut a cardboard base (about 10"-12") and paint that also.
To make depth to some branches, you can makes streaks of different shade of green to make it real.
Starting at the bottom of cone of the tree. Take a strip and with the glue gun hold it for a few second until it secure.
Repeat it for the next but leave a space between each strip.
Do that step for each row until you get to the top of the tree.
With some craft glue, paint on some streaks of glue on random branches, sprinkle on some white glitter on some to make it look like snow.
Dab the top of the trees and put some faux snow on top.
Put some same craft snow on the base, cover with faux snow and glue the miniature ornaments the way you want.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Winter would not be the same without a snowman. This wooden one can be made for Christmas decorating and then kept out until spring… Continue reading: "Lighted Wooden Snowman Decoration"
- Vintage Teapot Christmas Tree
- High Class Jewel Trees Homemade Christmas Decoration
- How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree
- Coffee Filter Christmas Tree
- Textured Topiary Crochet Trees
- Recycled Sheet Music Christmas Trees
- Cupcake Liner Cone Tree
- Vintage Thread Spool Tabletop Trees
- Kanzashi Fabric Christmas Tree
- Glitter Newspaper Mini Christmas Tree
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Walk Cap
- Michigan Mountain Ear Warmer
- Buffalo Plaid Wine Cozy
- Snow And Ice Play Ideas For Kids
- Winter Paper Plate Crafts For Kids
- Cool Winter Crafts For Kids
- Mini Rustic Christmas Wreaths
- Ribbed Wonder Hat
- Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Make Your Own Christmas Tree
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects