- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
"These trees were made with toilet paper and paper towel dowels and then painted with different shades of green to make them more dimensional. The snow blanket on the base with the miniature ornament made them more festive."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Toilet and/or paper towel rolls (several of them)
- Paints (different shades of green)
- Cardboard cone for the tree
- Glue gun
- Miniature ornaments
- Base for bottom of tree (round circular 10"-12")
- White cotton for base of the tree
Flatten the t.p and paper towel rolls. Mark 1/2" intervals with ruler and pen from one to another.
Cut each interval into a strip. You will have several strips.
Lay out newspaper before painting the strips. Paint every strip inside and out and let them dry.
Cut a cardboard base (about 10"-12") and paint that also.
To make depth to some branches, you can makes streaks of different shade of green to make it real.
Starting at the bottom of cone of the tree. Take a strip and with the glue gun hold it for a few second until it secure.
Repeat it for the next but leave a space between each strip.
Do that step for each row until you get to the top of the tree.
With some craft glue, paint on some streaks of glue on random branches, sprinkle on some white glitter on some to make it look like snow.
Dab the top of the trees and put some faux snow on top.
Put some same craft snow on the base, cover with faux snow and glue the miniature ornaments the way you want.
Read NextVintage Teapot Christmas Tree
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 19, 2017
Haven't tried it yet. The roll is the toilet paper itself. The cardboard container is called a tube.
Dec 05, 2016
I really like this idea for making a Christmas tree with recycled materials. To look at the tree, you would never tell what it is made from if you did not make it yourself. You could add glitter, or pipe cleaners for garland to give it more sparkle, if you like that style tree. I could see adding small red beads to mimic cranberry garland that some families use to decorate their trees each year. High five for recycling a commonly used item!
Dec 08, 2016
Such great ideas. Thanks for sharing! - Krista, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Gorgeous Glitter Pine Cone Wreath
Just because a Christmas craft is nature inspired doesn't mean it can't be glamorous too you'll agree once you see this Gorgeous… Continue reading: "Gorgeous Glitter Pine Cone Wreath"
- Vintage Teapot Christmas Tree
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree
- Money Tree
- Mossy Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Vintage Thread Spool Tabletop Trees
- Rag Ribbon Tabletop Christmas Trees
- Pretty Pine Cone Tree Craft
- Glitter Newspaper Mini Christmas Tree
- How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree
- Book Pages Rosette Tree
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Two Rows At A Time
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects