How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Victorian Beaded Christmas Tree Ornament
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
Make your tree sparkle with unique and special homemade Christmas ornaments like this Victorian Beaded Christmas Tree Ornament. A mix of 1920s sophistication and modern design, this beautiful beaded ornament is sure to turn heads. Although inspired by a bygone era, this project leaves plenty of room for creativity. Choose two contrasting colors of crystal beads to help this handmade ornament catch the light from any angle. DIY Christmas ornaments like this classic bauble will make your Christmas tree look truly timeless.This is also a great ornament to give as a gift to friends and family. It will look very special on their tree. Handmade gifts are the best gifts!
For more bead crafts, check out our latest collection A Bead Lover's Guide: 23 Free Bead Patterns for Christmastime
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
Did You Know?
It is very fun to learn how to make ornaments like this one, but do you know how they got their start? The modern Christmas tree dates all the way back to the 15th and 16th century in Germany and then arrived in America in the 1700s. The first "ornaments" were actually apples; they were hung on trees in churches to symbolize the forbidden fruit.
Since the tradition of decorating Christmas trees originated in Germany, there is no surprise that the first Christmas ornaments were made in Germany. In 1925, companies in Japan decided to join the ornament-making business and other countries soon followed. Then, in 1939, the light bulb company Corning started mass-producing glass ball ornaments using the same machine used to make light bulbs.
In 1973, Hallmark introduced a set of 12 yarn ornaments and six glass ball ornaments as the first Hallmark Keepsake Ornament collection, and the ornament industry was forever changed. These collections were unique and only available for a limited time which was a first in the ornament business.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Nov 02, 2016
I have been eyeing this one for a while now and all I could think is there is now way I can do that. The older I get the better, so I'm and so going to give it a try. I will follow the directions step by step and use the pictures and hope mine come out as good. Crossing fingers here. Thank you so much for sharing this free christmas craft.
Daughter of Light
Dec 21, 2016
I totally agree Cheryl Y! I am a little intimidated by this one. I'm not used to working with beads. It does look like the tutorial is well written which is a plus! I think I'm putting it on my list to do mid-summer after I hit the after Christmas crafting sales and that way I won't feel as much pressure to get it done time-wise. It is a beautiful ornament!
Sep 19, 2016
These are just great and I want to make a bunch. I want to do them in many different colors and perhaps give them to my grand kids to give them to their teachers. It's much better than some store bought item that just says to teacher. Thank you so much for sharing this great design.
Jun 06, 2016
I made a few of these for my tree last Christmas in a couple different colors. They looked so elegant! This was definitely the #BestIdeaEver
Dec 05, 2013
would not print. Think price listed is very high
Jun 23, 2013
would not print
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Chicken Wire Christmas Trees
Give your home decor a funky upgrade this season with these Chicken Wire Christmas Trees. Learn how to make a tree out of chicken wire… Continue reading: "Chicken Wire Christmas Trees"
- Stocking Perler Bead Pattern Ornament
- Beaded Snowman Strand
- Spiral Christmas Tree Ornament
- 42 Beaded Ornament Patterns You Can't Beat
- Beaded Wreath Ornament
- 23 Free Bead Patterns for Christmastime
- Beaded Snowflake DIY Christmas Ornament
- Beaded Icicle Ornament
- Ombre Sequin Beaded Ornaments
- Victorian Beaded Christmas Tree Ornament
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Diy Christmas Cards For Kids: Cute Crafts Of Hot Cocoa Mugs (free Set)
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Easiest And Fastest Crochet Rib Blanket
- Quick And Easy Crochet Twisted Ear Warmer Headband
- How To Make A Easy Imperial Crochet Blanket
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects