Upcycled Tin Can Advent Calendar
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Get ready for the countdown to Christmas by making your own homemade advent calendar. This is a truly upcycled calendar made by using tin cans. Also as well as filling the cans with a treat, I cut out the Christmas pictures from old Christmas cards. On the back of each of these cards I wrote a cheesy Christmas joke. Not only do my kids get a treat everyday, but hopefully I make them smile too, as they read the cheesy Christmas joke."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 25 Tin cans
- 25 red rubber bands
- White paper, red sharpie
- Glue gun, or foam double sticky pads
- Old Christmas cards and Christmas treats.
Draw round a bowl and cut out 25 white discs of paper slightly bigger than the tin can lid.
Write numbers 1-25 of each of the discs.
Cut out 25 Christmas pictures from old Christmas card and write a cheesy joke on the back (joke link on my blog).
Fill each can with treat and joke. Attach paper lid with rubber band.
Arrange tin cans in a tree shape and stick together with hot glue gun on sticky foam pads.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Really Rustic Wood Advent Calendar
- Repurposed 45 Record Advent Calendar
- Origami Box Christmas Tree Advent Calendar
- DIY Mittens Homemade Advent Calendar
- Magnetic Advent Calendar
- Cookie Sheet Advent Calendar
- Outdoor Christmas Countdown
- Paper Bag Christmas Tree DIY Advent Calendar
- Thrifty Fabric Advent Calendar
- DIY Elves Advent Calendar
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects