This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Quilled Christmas Card with Rudolph
"This cute card with Rudolph is made using quilling method. Even though you will need to make many of "loose coils" you do not need any sophisticated tools to make them. Instead of using professional quilling tool you can use e.g. toothpick. To make a loose coil use toothpick, get your fingers a little damp and then curve one end of a paper strip around the toothpick. Applying pressure roll the paper around the toothpick. Then gently take the coil off the toothpick and let it loosen to desired size. Next glue the tail. With all the coils prepared all there is left to do is to arrange them in the desired shape."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- One piece of folded brown card with dimensions 13.5 x 13.5 cm (after folding), and a matching envelope with dimensions 16.5 x 16.5 cm.
- 3 mm wide paper strips in red, black, and different shades of brown.
- A length of black thread to imitate the bauble's string.
- A piece of white paper for bauble's background.
- A pair of scissors.
- Paper glue.
- A few black double-sided sticky pads with dimensions 3 mm x 3 mm and 2 mm thickness to stick the sign to the card.
Read NextEmbroidered Wreath Holiday Card