Scrap Wood West Elm Inspired Stocking Holders
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Inspired by West Elm's Metal House Stocking Holder these easy-to-make alternatives were made using scrap wood found in my workshop, so they were totally FREE to make! They are really quick to put together and my collection includes four buildings... the cottage, the saltbox, the manor and the church."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scrap wood
- 1-1/4" wood screws
- Knobs or hooks
- Flat black spray paint
- Silver metallic paint
Cut 4 bases, layout the locations for screws and use countersink drill bit to pre-drill the holes.
Cut Buildings. Use my building ideas or create your own. Note: These pieces are small. Please use caution when cutting and work safely.
Mark the location of the buildings on the base. If you have a bench vise, put the base in your vice, put the building on the bench and using the countersink bit, pre-drill into the building. Attach using 1-1/4? wood screws. Note: I dissembled mine, painted and then reassembled. If you choose to do it this way, label the pieces, so you can reassemble after painting.
Paint the pieces. To give the holders a metal look and a little texture, I used a two step paint process first by spray painting black and then brushing on a silver metallic paint.
Apply a dab of glue to bottom of the building, center building on base over the holes and attach using 1-1/4? wood screws.
All thats left is to place them on the mantel and hang your stockings with care :)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Using pasta is a great way to make Macaroni Christmas Angel Name Tags that can be later hung on your Christmas tree. This angel… Continue reading: "Macaroni Christmas Angel Name Tags"
- Pinecone Christmas Tree Tiles
- Alternative Christmas Tree
- Twinkly Waterless Snow Globe
- Winter Wonderland Cloches
- Snowy Pine Cone Homemade Luminaries
- White Christmas Mason Jar Luminaries
- Christmas Light Up Marquee
- Beautiful Sparkling Snow Globe
- Three Kings Christmas Decor
- Frosted Snowflake Mason Jar Luminary
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Holiday Banner
- Christmas Embroidery Hoop
- DIY Kindness Advent Calendar
- Embroidered Wreath Holiday Card
- DIY Polar Bear Pillow
- DIY Snowman Hoop Ornament
- How to make an easy DIY Gnome Christmas Ornament
- Kid-Friendly Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees Craft
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- Snowman Belly Flatware Holder
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects