6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Recycled Denim Christmas Ornaments
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
"Make a lovely eco-friendly decoration in the shape of a Christmas tree. It is also a very nice gift idea for those who have everything! There is always some space left on the Christmas tree for new decorations, right?"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
Cut two denim triangles and one batting triangle using the free pattern to download. To cut the fabric, I used zigzag scissors to add accent to the Xmas tree decoration. Also cut a 22 cm-long piece of ribbon (for the loop) and another 6 cm-long piece (for the tree trunk).
Sew the three buttons on one piece of denim. You may fold the triangle lengthwise to make sure the buttons are at the centre. Allow enough space along the edges of the triangle for the foot of the sewing machine when sewing.
Insert the stuffing between the two pieces of denim like a sandwich and sew along the edge with a matching or contrasting thread, making sure each folded piece of ribbon is inserted at the right place.
Voila! It is so easy to do that you will want to make tons of copies! :)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 12, 2020
Hi, Here is the new link to get the pattern https//bonjourhandmade.com/blogs/diy/christmas-tre == e-decorations-using-recycled-denim-fabric-free-sew == ing-pattern
Oct 12, 2020
I'm not able to put the link in the comment but go to bonjourhandmade.com and then, click the sewing tutorial menu
conniekoetje 55092 24
Jan 21, 2017
Tried this craft? What did you think?
Sep 03, 2016
It is a really cute idea but where is the pattern?
Sep 06, 2016
Hi! The pattern can be found when you click the green link that says, "Click here for the free Christmas craft". We apologize for the inconvenience. -Krista, editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts
Dec 29, 2016
The pattern still isn't available
Dec 29, 2016
Sorry again. The designer keeps moving the URL. I have located the pattern. Please click the green link and it will take you there. Thanks, Krista
Dec 29, 2016
Thank you, I have it now!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Chicken Wire Christmas Trees
Give your home decor a funky upgrade this season with these Chicken Wire Christmas Trees. Learn how to make a tree out of chicken wire… Continue reading: "Chicken Wire Christmas Trees"
- Mini Granny Square Ornament and Coaster
- Joy! Christmas Ornament Cover
- Salt Dough Donut DIY Ornaments
- Non-Edible "Gingerbread" Cinnamon Ornaments
- Faberge Egg Ornaments
- Mini Bell Wreath Embroidery Hoop Ornament
- Vintage Wood Christmas Ornaments
- Scrumptious Figgy Pudding Ornament
- Vintage Bird Cage Ornament
- DIY Santa Ornament
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Diy Christmas Cards For Kids: Cute Crafts Of Hot Cocoa Mugs (free Set)
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Easiest And Fastest Crochet Rib Blanket
- Quick And Easy Crochet Twisted Ear Warmer Headband
- How To Make A Easy Imperial Crochet Blanket
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects