We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Kitties deserve stocking stuffers on Christmas morning, too! With this Purrfect Paw Crochet Christmas Stocking, you will have the perfect holder for catnip, mouse toys, and other cat-friendly delights. This DIY stocking is an easy Christmas crochet pattern and will beloved by more than just the feline in the family. It's a cute way to include pets this upcoming Christmas and makes a thoughtful and sweet gift for any cat lover in your life. With the simple but bright colors, this crochet stocking certainly makes a statement, fur real.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 sts = 3; 12 rows = 3 in sc
Finished SizeStocking measures 13" long
- RED HEART Super Saver - 1 skein each 316 Soft White A, 624 Tea Leaf B, and 319 Cherry Red C and 312 Black for fish face D
- Susan Bates brand crochet hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Instructions for Stocking:
Side (Make 2)
With A, ch 34.
Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 31 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch work 32 sc; turn 67 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in 32 sc, [inc] 3 times, sc in remaining 32 sc; turn 70 sc.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in 33 sc, inc, sc in next 2 sc, inc, sc in 33 sc; turn 72 sc.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in 34 sc, [inc] 4 times, sc in 34 sc; turn 76 sc.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, [inc] twice, sc in 37 sc; turn 78 sc.
Row 6: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, [inc] 4 times, sc in 37 sc; turn 82 sc.
Row 7: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, inc, sc in next 6 sc, inc, sc in 37 sc; turn 84 sc.
Row 8: Ch 1, sc in 38 sc, inc, sc in next 2 sc, [inc] twice, sc in next 2 sc, inc, sc in 38 sc; turn 88 sc.
Row 9: Ch 1, sc in 27 sc, hdc in next 10 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 6 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 10 sc, sc in next 27 sc; turn 92 sts.
Row 10: Ch 1, sc in 30 sts, [skip 3 sts, 7 tr in next st, skip 3 sts, sc in next st] twice, sc in next st, [skip 3 sts, 7 tr in next st, skip 3 sts, sc in next st] twice, sc in 29 sts; turn.
Row 11: Ch 1, sc in 32 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 5 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 6 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 5 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in 32 sc. Fasten off.
Instructions for Center Paw:
With B ch 6.
Round 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 3 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch, sc in next 3 ch, 2 sc in last ch; do not join but work in continuous rounds 12 sc.
Round 2: Inc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 3 sc, [inc] twice 18 sc.
Round 3: (Sc, hdc) in first sc, (hdc, dc) in next sc, 2 dc in next sc, slip st in next sc, 2 dc in next sc, (dc, hdc) in next sc, (hdc, sc) in next sc, sc in remaining 11 sc. Fasten off.
Sew in place on front side of stocking.
Instructions for Toe Prints:
Round 1: With B ch 2; 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Round 2: Inc in each sc around; join with a slip st in first sc. Fasten off. Sew in place.
Instructions for Fish:
Row 1: With C ch 2; 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook; turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, inc in each sc across; turn 6 sc.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in next sc, inc, sc to last 2 sc; inc, sc in last sc; turn 8 sc.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn.
Row 5: Repeat Row 3 10 sc.
Rows 6 and 7: Repeat Rows 4 and 5 12 sc.
Row 8: Repeat Row 4.
Row 9: Ch 1, sc in next 6 sc; fin: ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, tr in next ch, hdc in last ch, sc in last 6 sc; turn.
Row 10: Ch 1, sc in first 6 sc, skip fin, sc in last 6 sc; turn.
Row 11: Repeat Row 4.
Row 12: Ch 1, sc in first sc, dec, sc to last 3 sc; dec, sc in last sc; turn 10 sc.
Row 13: Repeat Row 4.
Rows 14 and 15: Repeat Row 12 6 sc.
Row 16: Ch 1, sc in first sc, [dec] twice, sc in last sc; turn 4 sc.
Row 17: Repeat Row 4.
Row 18: Ch 4, (2 tr, dc, hdc, sc) in first sc, slip st in next 2 sc, (sc, hdc, dc, 3 tr) in last sc; turn.
Row 19: Ch 1, sc in first 6 sts, slip st in 2 slip sts, sc in next 5 sts and in top of ch-4. Fasten off.
With D, embroider eyes and mouth. Sew Fish in place.
Instructions for Finishing:
Sew front and back sides together through both loops of last row.
Border and Hanging Loop
Join A in top center back st of stocking with sc; work sc evenly around; ch 10 for hanger; sc in each sc around to last 2 sc; skip last 2 sc, work 16 dc in ch-10 loop, skip first 2 sc of last round; join with a slip st in next sc. Fasten off.
- A, B, C
- Color A, B, C
- double crochet
- half double crochet
- single crochet
- stitch (es)
- treble crochet
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Find even more amazing crochet projects in this collection, 19 Crochet Christmas Ideas
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Santa Stocking
- Yummy Gingerbread Crochet Stockings
- Classic Beauty Christmas Stocking
- Doggone Cute DIY Christmas Stocking
- Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Mini DIY Crochet Christmas Stocking
- "Magi A" Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Vintage Granny Square Christmas Stocking
- Yuletide Cheer DIY Stocking
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Elegant Floating Flower Candles
- Shine Bright Christmas Ornament
- Gumball Machine Christmas Ornament
- Stunning Stained Glass Paper Snowflakes
- Adorable Recycled Scarf Christmas Wreath
- Festive Painted Plastic Spoon Craft
- Recycled Denim Star DIY Christmas Decorations
- 20+ Wine Bottle Crafts for Christmas
- 49 Simple Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
- Mini Illuminated Pine Cone Christmas Tree
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects