Doggone Cute DIY Christmas Stocking
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Christmas is going to be real ruff for those of us who don't have this Doggone Cute DIY Christmas Stocking for our precious pooches. If you have a dog then you know that they are just another member of the family, so why not make a DIY stocking for them to open on Christmas morning, too? This Christmas crochet pattern is perfect for your furry friend because it's festive yet fitting for that four-legged pal of yours. There is both a paw and a tasty looking bone on the front of this soft green stocking for dogs.
Inc (increase) = 2 sc in next sc.
Dec (decrease) = [draw up a loop in next st] twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge10 sts = 3; 12 rows = 3 in sc.
Finished SizeStocking measures 13" long
- RED HEART Super Saver - 1 skein each 624 Tea Leaf A, 319 Cherry Red B, and 316 Soft White C
- Susan Bates brand crochet hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Instructions for Stocking:
Side (Make 2)
With A, ch 34.
Row 1 (Right Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 31 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch work 32 sc; turn 67 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in 32 sc, [inc] 3 times, sc in remaining 32 sc; turn 70 sc.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in 33 sc, inc, sc in next 2 sc, inc, sc in 33 sc; turn 72 sc.
Row 4: Ch 1, sc in 34 sc, [inc] 4 times, sc in 34 sc; turn 76 sc.
Row 5: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, [inc] twice, sc in 37 sc; turn 78 sc.
Row 6: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, [inc] 4 times, sc in 37 sc; turn 82 sc.
Row 7: Ch 1, sc in 37 sc, inc, sc in next 6 sc, inc, sc in 37 sc; turn 84 sc.
Row 8: Ch 1, sc in 38 sc, inc, sc in next 2 sc, [inc] twice, sc in next 2 sc, inc, sc in 38 sc; turn 88 sc.
Row 9: Ch 1, sc in 27 sc, hdc in next 10 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 6 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 2 sc, 2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next 10 sc, sc in next 27 sc; turn 92 sts.
Row 10: Ch 1, sc in 30 sts, [skip 3 sts, 7 tr in next st, skip 3 sts, sc in next st] twice, sc in next st, [skip 3 sts, 7 tr in next st, skip 3 sts, sc in next st] twice, sc in 29 sts; turn.
Row 11: Ch 1, sc in 32 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 5 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 6 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 5 sts, [inc] 3 times, sc in 32 sc. Fasten off.
Instructions for Center Paw:
With B ch 6.
Round 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 3 ch, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of ch, sc in next 3 ch, 2 sc in last ch; do not join but work in continuous rounds 12 sc.
Round 2: Inc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc, [inc] 3 times, sc in next 3 sc, [inc] twice 18 sc.
Round 3: (Sc, hdc) in first sc, (hdc, dc) in next sc, 2 dc in next sc, slip st in next sc, 2 dc in next sc, (dc, hdc) in next sc, (hdc, sc) in next sc, sc in remaining 11 sc. Fasten off.
Sew in place on front side of stocking.
Instructions for Toe Prints:
Round 1: With B ch 2; 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Round 2: Inc in each sc around; join with a slip st in first sc. Fasten off. Sew in place.
Instructions for Bone:
With C ch 15.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across; turn 14 sc.
Rows 2-7: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. Fasten off.
Instructions for Ends of Bone:
Round 1: With C ch 2; 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook; do not join but work in continuous rounds.
Round 2: Inc in each sc around 12 sc.
Round 3: Ch 1, [sc in next sc, inc] 6 times 18 sc. Fasten off.
Sew Bone in place with 2 Ends over each short edge of Bone.
Instructions for Finishing:
Sew front and back sides together through both loops of last row.
Border and Hanging Loop
Join A in top center back st of stocking with sc; work sc evenly around; ch 10 for hanger; sc in each sc around to last 2 sc; skip last 2 sc, work 16 dc in ch-10 loop, skip first 2 sc of last round; join with a slip st in next sc. Fasten off.
- A, B, C
- Color A, B, C
- double crochet
- half double crochet
- single crochet
- stitch (es)
- treble crochet
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Waiting for Santa DIY Stockings
- Evergreen Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Classic Beauty Christmas Stocking
- Fun Fur Top Seussian Stockings
- Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Mini DIY Crochet Christmas Stocking
- Yummy Gingerbread Crochet Stockings
- Yuletide Cheer DIY Stocking
- Crochet Candy Ornaments
- Crochet Fair Isle Snowflake Christmas Stocking
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Joyful Holiday Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Miniature Christmas Crochet Hat
- Crochet Snow Globe Amigurumi
- Quick And Easy Snowflake Ornament
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Diy Crochet Pen Pencil Holder
- How To Make A Chalkboard
- Halloween Mini Crochet Witch Hat
- Two Shades Ombre Crochet Doily
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects