Hand Knotted Christmas Bracelet
Christmas jewelry making just got a lot more fun. Wear a Hand Knotted Christmas Bracelet all season long. Better yet, make one for a friend and give it as a holiday gift. You can even use the ribbon you're already using for your various Christmas gifts.
- 68” craft trim ribbon
- Scotch tape
- 2 jump rings
- At mid-point of craft trim, make an outline depicting a pair of “bunny ears” (i.e. two equal sized open loops).
- Lay the single strand in your right hand over the other loop. This strand is now in your left hand, fold under the left loop.
- With the 2nd single strand in your right hand, fold over the right loop.
- With the loop in your right hand, fold over the single strand also in your right hand.
- With the loop in your left hand, fold under the single strand and over the loop in your right hand and crossing over to your right.
- Take the single strand in your right hand and fold over the right loop.
- Take the single strand in your left hand and fold under the left loop and then cross over the right strand.
- Repeat, right over, left under then over cross until you reach the end of the loops.
- Thread single strand through loops to end the braiding and tie a knot.
- Open first jump ring.
- Attach first open jump ring to the loop at the closed end of your bracelet, add clasp and close jump ring.
- Open 2nd jump ring and attach other end of clasp and close.
- Thread 2nd jump ring to the open end and tie a knot to secure.
- Thread loose ends back underneath the bracelet and cut off the excess.
- You may need to use scotch tape before cutting to keep the craft trim from fraying.
- Optional: Add a charm on the bracelet.
How to Make a Hand Knotted Christmas Bracelet:
Find more projects and tutorials from Craft Designer Caroline Dunn.
Read NextFestive Fabric Cuff