I Love to Create
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
It started with a dream . . . Erma Duncan was a talented artist who enjoyed sharing her gift with everyone. Her love for fired art began at a very young age, as did her natural ability to share her knowledge. Erma began teaching while still in her teens. Her first national recognition for her artwork came in the early 1900s. It was customary for artists at that time to send their work into popular magazines hosting contests for artists, such as the Saturday Evening Post. Top prizes included cash and musical instruments. Erma won so many awards she had enough instruments to start a small orchestra!
Eventually, Erma set up a studio and began teaching ceramics from her home. Before long, her husband Lee and sons Bob and Dick also became involved. As the sessions grew, the garage was expanded to accommodate more people and supplies. In 1940, Erma joined her son Bob as a student at Fresno State College and began taking all available ceramics classes.
In 1946, the business outgrew the garage, so the first official Duncan Ceramic Studio was opened on Blackstone Avenue in Fresno, California. The company also began to operate as a wholesale distributor, with Bob handling the marketing and sales of the business, Erma the art and teaching, and Dick the designing and manufacturing. In 1949, Dick formulated the first nonsettling glaze, the first of its kind in the ceramics industry.
In 1955, Duncan became a corporation with Bob as President, Dick as Vice President and Erma as Secretary-Treasurer. The company continued to prosper and, in 1961, Duncan Ceramic Products, Inc., relocated to its present-day site.
After 23 years of sharing her ceramics knowledge with others, Erma retired from active participation in the company in 1965. In 1976, the company changed its name to Duncan Enterprises, reflecting its continued growth & expansion. In 1983, the third generation of the Duncan family took over when Bob's son Larry was promoted to President and Bob became Chairman of the Board.
For over 60 years, Duncan Enterprises has been a leading arts and crafts manufacturer. In July 2009, Duncan Enterprises changed its name to iLoveToCreate®, a Duncan Enterprises Company. iLoveToCreate leads the industry with comprehensive Fashion Art programs under the Tulip®, Scribbles® and Polymark brand names, and Fashion Dyes under the Tulip® brand. Duncan also produces the top crafting glues and adhesives in the industry under the Aleene's® brand name, and recently introduced the Crafty Chica™ brand and line of products.
Today, iLoveToCreate is one of the largest ceramic arts, crafting adhesives and fashion art manufacturers in the world with its ongoing reputation for excellence in product development, quality, education and health & safety.
- Helping Hands Christmas Garland
- Holiday Colors Tie-Dye Tee
- Holiday Shimmer Blue Poinsettia Pillow
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Glitter Star Glass Ornaments
- Light Up The Night Glitter Mason Jars
- Painted Christmas Cheer Shirt
- White Pompom Decorative Stockings
- Painted Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
- Glowing Ball Ornament Centerpiece
- Sweet Holiday Candy Pillows
- Glorious Glitter Gift Boxes
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Magnet Board
- Colorful Christmas Tree Tee
- Twinkle Tree Christmas Gift Wrap
- Holiday Holly Jolly Jars
- Dazzling Decoupage Holiday Tree
- Reindeer Christmas Canvas Gift Tote
- Spools of Yuletide DIY Ornaments
- Wish Upon a Star Ornaments
- Winter Wonderland Bottle Decorations
- Frosty the Friendly DIY Snow Globe
- Jolly JOY Ornaments
- Vintage Cork Wreath
- Snowflake Holiday Clings
- Frilly Fun Burlap Tree Skirt
- Very Merry Christmas Place Setting
- Christmas Morning T-Shirt
- No-Wrap Holiday Gift Boxes
- Hung by the Chimney with Flair
- Swirly Twirly Peppermint Ornament
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rustic Crochet Jute Bag How To Crochet With Jute Twine Cord
- Crochet Twisted Earwarmer Headband With Texture
- Ribbon Candy Wreath
- Easy Diy Snowman Wreath
- Crochet Rectangle Basket With Dividers Made In Rounds
- Christmas Angel Noodle Crafts
- Top 50 Easy Christmas Crafts of 2021
- How To Make A Easy Crochet Scarf With Puff Stitch
- Buffalo Plaid Coaster
- Two Row Repeat Crochet Blanket With Chunky Yarn
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects