5 Homemade Christmas Ornaments To Make Now
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
The weather outside may not be frightful, but that doesn't mean you have to wait to make homemade Christmas decorations for your tree. Check out these 5 homemade Christmas ornaments to make now and get exciting for the holiday season. Take an afternoon off and step away from the stress of everyday life. Christmas is all about enjoyment and relaxation, so why not bring elements of this special holiday into your life all year long? Crafting helps you de-stress and express yourself at the same time. Plus, homemade christmas decorations offer an inexpensibe alternative to store-bought items. Let's face it - hanging a generic ornament on your tree is no fun at all!
Think outside the box and find some Christmas ornaments to make right now. You can even gather up the kids and create homemade Christmas ornaments for kids. Turn these projects into after school and weekend activities - it's a great way to beat boredom. Your supervision during the crafting process will help keep mishaps at bay and connect you to your little crafter. Check out these homemade Christmas ornaments and feel the spirit of the season whenever the mood strikes.
5 Homemade Christmas Ornaments To Make Now
Crystal Snowflake Ornaments: If you love working with beads but don't want to spend hours on a project, this ornament is perfect for you. You can also make one of these beautiful ornaments and give them out as gifts. The beads will help your tree sparkle all season long. Best of all, you only need a quiet afternoon to complete this simple project. All you have to do is follow a simple pattern to determine the color scheme and you're good to go. When the season is over and your tree is gone, hang this ornament in front of a window for a pretty, sparkly touch.
Music Sphere Ornament: Homemade christmas decorations can be expensive, especially when they require hard-to-find materials. Use sheet music to save this season and contruct a delightful ball ornament. Start with a plain Styrofoam ball and sheet music or napkins with music notes on them. Decoupage the decorative paper onto the styrofoam ball and be sure to add a wordstrip with an inspiring message. Don't forget to sprinkle glue all over your Christmas ornaments! To make this project, you'll want to think outside the box and use what you have.
3D Star Ornament: It's time to try something new and break out of the box. Change the way you think about homemade Christmas decorations and make a modern ornament that's unlike anything else on your tree. What's great about this project is that only need a scissors and 6 small stars. Fold the pieces and make small cuts to create the three dimensional look. You won't believe how simple this process is.
Ballerina Ornament: Christmas ornament crafts for kids are a great way to pass the time during a cold afternoon. Save up your large and small popsicle sticks and gather up some fabric scraps for this super cute ornament. Parents can help kids with the more complicated steps like punching a hole for the string. In the end, the kids will love hanging up their own creations and you'll be able to hold on to their handmade ornament forever. Be sure to keep it in a safe place and take it out year after year.
Cardboard Star Ornament: Here's another to create some Christmas ornament crafts for kids. Save empty cardboard tubes and use them to construct these fun ornaments. You don't even need a bunch of tubes - one long paper towel roll is more than enough. Use pipe cleaners and spray paint to change the look of the tubes and turn them into fun and unique decorations for your tree. The more colorful the ornament, the better. This eco-friendly craft is simple to create but pretty enough to hang on a tree all year long.
Remember, if you enjoyed these 5 homemade Christmas ornaments to make now, then you'll love getting even more projects in our free eBook, How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"Dress up your pretty holiday cutlery even more with these adorable pockets. Making a DIY cutlery holder with fabric could not get any… Continue reading: "DIY Cutlery Holder Sewing Tutorial"
- Cookie Cutter Repurposed Sweater Christmas Decorations
- Diy Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
- Scrumptious Figgy Pudding Ornament
- Recycled Laundry Scoop Ornament
- Personalized Santa Pup Ornament
- DIY Snowman Hoop Ornament
- Cool Coffee Filter Snowflake Ornaments
- Salt Dough Donut DIY Ornaments
- Two-Minute Snowflake Ornament
- Recycled Reindeer Ornament
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Crochet Doily Tablemat
- Winter Welcome Snowman Wreath
- Festive Foam Cup Snowmen
- Reversible Snowman Wood Sign
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create free eBook
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- Flower Motif Edged Crochet Table Mat
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects