Sweater Sleeve Stocking DIY Sewing Pattern
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Use an old sweater or buy one you like at a thrift store for cheap. Make two of these stockings out of one sweater. They resemble socks, except they are nice and long. It took me less than 30 minutes to make two stockings. These were very easy to make with one seam. Make several colors if you wish, give some as gifts, and have fun with it!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Old sweater or a sweater you bought for cheap at a thrift store, garage sale, etc.
- Matching thread
- Adornments for decoration. I used tiny glittery ornaments on clearance from Wal-Mart
Place an ornament hook through the corner of top edge and hang on your fireplace.
Stretch your sweater flat on a table or floor with sleeves extended out.
Using an old stocking you have around the house, place it over the sleeve portion of the sweater. The opening of the sleeve will be the opening of the new stocking. The existing seams of the sleeve will be the stocking's side seams.
The boot of the stocking should be located over the chest area of the sweater.
Cut the sweater around the boot area, leaving all sleeve seems intact.
Reverse cut stocking inside-out and machine stitch around the boot area that you cut.
Reverse stocking inside-out again and adorn with ornaments or embellishments as you desire. Repeat with the other sleeve, and you have two stockings from one sweater. Enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Washi Tape Tree Decor
- Upcycled Holiday Countdown Garland
- Button-Embellished Gift Tags
- Photo Display Wreath
- Punch Fabric Wreath
- Easy Yarn and Button Wreath
- 36 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- A Vintage Christmas: 16 Old Fashioned Craft Ideas
- 22 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas
- June Tailor Holiday Stocking Kit
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects