This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Angel Pretzels Tutorial
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"I created these large, hand-sized pretzel Angels for gift giving at Christmas time. I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I wanted to make something different instead of just plain ones. I used large pretzels, straight pretzels, and Ghiradelli Melting Wafers. While it does take some time, it is fairly easy to do and doesn't require any special skills. Just melt the chocolate in the microwave and start dipping! I really enjoyed giving these out as gifts at Christmas."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueFood Crafting
Project TypeMake a Project
- straight pretzels
- large pretzels
- white and dark chocolate melting wafers (almond bark or chocolate chips can be used)
- mini M+Ms for eyes
- wax paper
- sugar sprinkles (optional)
Click on any image to enlarge!
Dip large pretzels in white or dark chocolate, depending on what color angel you are making. Mix white and dark together to make various shades of "skin" tones (do angels have skin?).
Sprinkle sugar immediately on wings.
After wings dry, lay them out on wax paper. Lay out 2 pretzel sticks for legs, and one unmelted wafer for the head base.
Melt chocolate wafers and put into a ziplock bag with a small corner cut off.
Squeeze melted chocolate onto head and over body, "cementing" the wings and legs altogether.
Add mini M+Ms immediately for eyes (or use colored melted wafers later on).
Read NextAngelic Key Chain
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You only need some brown paper bags and fun, colorful tissue paper to make these Easy Paper Ice Cream Ornaments. These unique… Continue reading: "Easy Paper Ice Cream Ornaments"
- Angelic Key Chain
- Sweet Sock Angel Ornament
- Clothespin Angel Christmas Craft
- Heavenly Upcycled Egg Carton Christmas Angels
- Poinsettia Christmas Angel Craft
- Canning Lid Angel DIY Christmas Ornament
- Folded Paper Angel Ornament
- Easy Christmas Angel Crochet Pattern
- Simple Straw DIY Angel Ornament
- Pasta Angel DIY Ornament
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- Easy And Simple Crochet Triangle Shawl
- Simple And Easy Double Crochet Batch Blanket
- Fast And Easy Crochet Textured Blanket
- Easiest Crochet Table Runner Pattern With V Stitch
- One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Make Hot Chocolate Mix In A Mason Jar
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects