17 Unique and Unexpected DIY Christmas Ball Ornaments
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Christmastime is one of the best times of the year, isn't it? It's one of the few holidays where most people get the decorating bug. However, if you're reading this than you know that crafting, especially Christmas ornament crafts, is a year-round hobby. Since there seems to be an endless amount of crafting projects, you might as well craft for Christmas all the time. We think so, anyway. That's why we are offering this Christmas craft collection of 17 Unique and Unexpected DIY Christmas Ball Ornaments. We promise, these DIY ornaments will astound you.
DIY Christmas ornaments are probably the most popular craft of the season. That's because they can be used anywhere and everywhere in your home. You can use them to decorate your tree, hang them from the ceilings, place them in a bowl on a side table or as part of a centerpiece on your dining room table, or get even more creative with them. The other amazing part about DIY ornaments is that there are an overwhelming amount of designs and styles. Ornaments can be made from a countless number of materials as well, including plastic, glass, paper, fabric, and yarn. Ball ornaments are iconic decorations for Christmas. In this collection, we have some great Christmas ball ornament ideas for you. The three categories are filled, paper, and textiles. We will describe these types in more detail in the sections below. We can't wait for you to try making these ornaments and then letting us know how it went. Happy crafting!
Want to get the kids involved in crafting and decorating for Christmas? Check out our awesome free eBook, 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids. In this eBook, you will find new ways to keep your children occupied during winter break with ornament projects that are easy and enjoyable.
17 Unique and Unexpected DIY Christmas Ball Ornaments
Table of Contents
By "filled," we mean that these DIY ball ornaments start with a plain plastic or glass sphere base and are filled with various materials, creating a stunning and unexpected look. These various materials include popcorn, scraps of paper, pom poms, feathers, plastic Christmas decorations, and fake snow. These ornaments are kid-friendly, but fun and easy for both children and adults. When you put these on your tree, people will notice.
These paper DIY ornaments are truly unique. It just goes to show that paper can be used in a variety of ways. With these projects, you'll be twisting and turning paper, using origami techniques, decoupaging, and incorporating other creative techniques to create magnificent ball ornaments. These Christmas crafts give you good reason to learn a couple new skills that will come in handy.
For even more gorgeous ornaments, download our eBook, How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make. Within the 26 pages of this free eBook, you’ll find all kinds of Christmas ornaments to make with inexpensive, easy-to-use materials.
When you make ornaments out of materials such as fabric and yarn, you can often use scraps, making these the perfect upcycled DIY ornament crafts. These unique textile ball ornaments are so amazing. They are so beautiful that you should definitely consider making some of these as gifts. The plus of the ornaments listed below is that they look so stunning you would think they'd be difficult to make. However, you'll find that these ornaments are much easier to create than expected. Go ahead and give these a shot!
If you love Christmas crafts, you will want to make all of the projects found in our collection, 19 Pine Cone Crafts for Christmas. In this collection you will find so many creative and beautiful pine cone crafts for adults and children alike. These crafts are game changers for your holiday decor.
Did you make any of these ornaments? Let us know in the comments!
Read NextBrightly Beaded Ball Ornament
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Brightly Beaded Ball Ornament
- Simple Sequin Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- No Sew Quilted Star Homemade Christmas Ornament
- Popcorn Ball Ornaments
- Affordable Gold Dipped Ornaments
- Enchanting Snow Ornaments
- Pearl-Covered Ornament
- Year of Memories Ball Ornament
- Recycled Twist Wrapped Ball Ornaments
- Simple Scandinavian DIY Christmas Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Pictionary
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Christmas Wishlist For Kids
- Snowtastic Winter Scattergories
- Would You Rather Holiday Questions
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Santa Claus Trivia Questions
- Winter Color By Number Worksheets
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects