This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Cute Christmas Elf on Shelf Plush
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
"This adorable ‘Christmas Elf on the Shelf’ makes a lovely Christmas decoration. He’ll look really cute on the mantle and would make a great gift. This Elf and his buddies are actually made from old t-shirts. You can make them in any Christmas colour you like with red or green felt hats and don't forget the pointy ears. The body of these cuddly toys is stuffed with lentils which makes them weighted so they sit well on the mantle and can be used as a door stop."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Old stripy t-shirt or stripy Jersey material. Preferably in a green or red.
- Elf pattern, free to download from my blog.
- Large coconut enameled buttons for eyes.
- Green or Red felt for hat and Elf collar.
- Fiberfill and Lentils for stuffing
- Needle and cotton.
- Optional silver bell for the hat.
NotesInstead of using lentils in the past I have used wheat to stuff these Elves. Wheat can be heated in the microwave so the Elves can be used as hot buddies for warming. These hot buddies make for a great Christmas gift.
Read NextSnowy Pine Cone Homemade Luminaries
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 30, 2018
How sweet are these little elves? I almost think the one in the middle looks like a holiday frog. I am kind of partial to frogs though so maybe that is why it looks that way. I think you could really make some little boys and girls happy with a personalized elf for each.
Jan 12, 2018
These are really adorable! I love how relaxed they are just hanging there with their dangling arms and legs. Really different and unique. I have saved this one to my list of things I want to make one day.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crochet Candy Cane Wreath
Crocheted wreaths are a fantastic way to decorate your home during the holiday season. Try Christmas craft patterns that show off the… Continue reading: "Crochet Candy Cane Wreath"
- Snowy Pine Cone Homemade Luminaries
- Light Up Snowflake DIY Decoration
- Farmhouse Christmas Jars
- White Christmas Weathered Frame
- Fabric Scrap Christmas Tree
- DIY Homemade Hot Chocolate Candle
- White Christmas Mason Jar Luminaries
- White Winter Flowers
- Shadow Box Snowman
- Upcycled Felt Scraps Christmas Garland
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Two Rows At A Time
- Pet Christmas Stocking Pattern & Tutorial
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects