This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cute Christmas Elf on Shelf Plush
"This adorable ‘Christmas Elf on the Shelf’ makes a lovely Christmas decoration. He’ll look really cute on the mantle and would make a great gift. This Elf and his buddies are actually made from old t-shirts. You can make them in any Christmas colour you like with red or green felt hats and don't forget the pointy ears. The body of these cuddly toys is stuffed with lentils which makes them weighted so they sit well on the mantle and can be used as a door stop."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Old stripy t-shirt or stripy Jersey material. Preferably in a green or red.
- Elf pattern, free to download from my blog.
- Large coconut enameled buttons for eyes.
- Green or Red felt for hat and Elf collar.
- Fiberfill and Lentils for stuffing
- Needle and cotton.
- Optional silver bell for the hat.
NotesInstead of using lentils in the past I have used wheat to stuff these Elves. Wheat can be heated in the microwave so the Elves can be used as hot buddies for warming. These hot buddies make for a great Christmas gift.
Read NextGlamorous Glitter Trees