This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Fabric Postcard Ornaments
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Fabric postcards make great gifts or use them as souvenirs on your next trip! This tutorial also shows how to make a fabric postcard ornament. These low-sew projects are great ways to use up small pieces of fabric, scraps from other projects, or leftover quilt blocks. You can customize your fabric postcards with embroidery, fabric paint, or iron-on. Finished Size 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) Tools Sewing machine with zigzag or overcasting stitches and an appropriate presser foot Rotary cutter and cutting mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. 4” x 8” quilting ruler. Iron and iron-safe surface. Goddess Sheet or teflon pressing sheet. Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric for front of postcard. Use assorted scraps, fat eighths or quarter yard prints, quilt blocks, or remnants of other projects. Backing fabric. If you plan to send your postcard in the mail, use white or another light color for best results. Double-sided stiff fusible interfacing, such as Fast2Fuse or Fairfield Stiffen. Double-sided paper backed fusible web, such as Lite Steam-a-Seam 2. Thread in your choice of color for stitching and bobbin. To make a “fussy cut” fabric postcard, you will also need to cut a 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) window out of a piece of cardstock. Alternatively, you can use a fussy cut ruler. Optional Materials Embroidery floss and embroidery needle to make ornament hanging, or for embellishment Permanent fabric markers for embellishment Iron-on or heat transfer vinyl and weeder for embellishment"
Read NextStyrofoam Snowman Ornament
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Channel old-world charm and elegance and then make this gorgeous Vintage Book Page DIY Ball Ornament. Vintage crafts are popular… Continue reading: "Vintage Book Page DIY Ball Ornament"
- Styrofoam Snowman Ornament
- Personalized Embroidered Map Ornaments
- Printable Paint Stick Ornaments
- Delicious Cupcake Christmas Ornament
- Brilliant Button Snowflake
- Button Initial Christmas Ornament Craft
- Punched Tin Christmas Ornament
- Faux Mercury Glass Ornaments
- Melted Candy Christmas Ornament Craft
- Cool Coffee Filter Snowflake Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 100 Christmas Trivia For Kids
- Printable Christmas Planner
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Free Christmas I Spy Printable
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Printable Christmas Gift Card For Christmas
- Toilet Paper Roll Moose
- Paper Flower Wreath
- Penguin With Heart Craft
- Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt Printable
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects