This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Fabric Postcard Ornaments
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Fabric postcards make great gifts or use them as souvenirs on your next trip! This tutorial also shows how to make a fabric postcard ornament. These low-sew projects are great ways to use up small pieces of fabric, scraps from other projects, or leftover quilt blocks. You can customize your fabric postcards with embroidery, fabric paint, or iron-on. Finished Size 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) Tools Sewing machine with zigzag or overcasting stitches and an appropriate presser foot Rotary cutter and cutting mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. 4” x 8” quilting ruler. Iron and iron-safe surface. Goddess Sheet or teflon pressing sheet. Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric for front of postcard. Use assorted scraps, fat eighths or quarter yard prints, quilt blocks, or remnants of other projects. Backing fabric. If you plan to send your postcard in the mail, use white or another light color for best results. Double-sided stiff fusible interfacing, such as Fast2Fuse or Fairfield Stiffen. Double-sided paper backed fusible web, such as Lite Steam-a-Seam 2. Thread in your choice of color for stitching and bobbin. To make a “fussy cut” fabric postcard, you will also need to cut a 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) window out of a piece of cardstock. Alternatively, you can use a fussy cut ruler. Optional Materials Embroidery floss and embroidery needle to make ornament hanging, or for embellishment Permanent fabric markers for embellishment Iron-on or heat transfer vinyl and weeder for embellishment"
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Vintage Tea Strainer and Crystal Ornaments
- Teacup Bell Homemade Christmas Ornament
- Rustic Farmhouse Wood Sign Ornament
- Cool Coffee Filter Snowflake Ornaments
- DIY Letter Board Countdown to Christmas Ornament
- Buffalo Plaid Hoop Ornaments
- Dried Orange Ornaments
- Dried Citrus Ornaments
- Upcycled Sweater Ornament
- Scrumptious Figgy Pudding Ornament
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Two Row Repeat Quick And Simple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- Easy And Simple Crochet Triangle Shawl
- Simple And Easy Double Crochet Batch Blanket
- Fast And Easy Crochet Textured Blanket
- Easiest Crochet Table Runner Pattern With V Stitch
- One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Make Hot Chocolate Mix In A Mason Jar
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects