This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Bobblehead Gingerbread Lovey
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"This lovey combines a gingerbread friend with the traditional granny square blanket for a winter-themed comfort blankie. This is the first pattern in the third annual Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting in the round, increasing, changing colors Magic ring, seaming with the whipstitch (includes linked photo tutorials) Crocheting in the back loop, embroidery back stitch, standing double crochet, standing single crochet (includes linked video tutorials) Special stitch: invdec (includes written description and linked video tutorial) Skill Level Easy Finished Size Lovey: Approximately 20” (51 cm) square. Materials Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn (100% acrylic, 16 oz/454 g, 1,020 yd/932 m) – 1 skein in 126 Umber (CA), or approximately 385 yd (352 m) in CA in any medium weight yarn. Lion Brand Basic Stitch Premium yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/219 yd/220 m) – 1 skein each in 113 Garnet (CB) and 172 Ivy (CC), or approximately 95 yd (87 m) in CB and 65 yd (59.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn. WeCrochet Bright US Size E-4/3.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge. WeCrochet Bright US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge. Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 12 ounce bag. Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers. Clover Chibi yarn needle. Gauge With smaller hook, through Rnd 11 in pattern for Bobblehead = 4” (10 cm) diameter. With larger hook, 17 sts in pattern for Blanket (4 dc+ch-1 sp clusters + 1 st) = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches for Bobblehead should be small so fiber filling doesn’t show."
Read NextElegant Winter Queen
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Give a gift that will be cherished during these cold months when you make the Simple Gift for a Peppermint Tea Lover. If you find… Continue reading: "Simple Gift for a Peppermint Tea Lover"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket With Raised Texture
- Whirlpool Crochet Flower Doily Pattern
- Pug Ornament
- Springtime Crochet Placemat
- Leaf Bunch Crochet Bookmark
- Tide Texture Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects