- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Homemade Air Fresheners
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
Keep your house smelling fresh and clean during the holidays with these Homemade Air Fresheners. Don't let the hustle and bustle of Christmastime leave your house in chaos; this is an easy solution! This easy Christmas project also makes a nice handmade Christmas decoration for your front room.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
DIY and save money this Christmas. Find awesome projects and ideas in our collection, 38 Cheap and Adorable Christmas Decor Ideas.
Read Next10 Minute Winter Wonderland
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 23, 2018
This is a really cute idea. I know that baking soda will absorb odors, and that essential oils are nice for adding a nice scent to the room, but I have to wonder if adding the essential oil directly to the baking soda wouldnt cancel out the effect of the essential oils. Has anyone tried this and can answer if that would be an issue?
Sep 30, 2018
Does this take the smell out of a room, or does it actually put a good smell in the room? I know baking soda is a deodorizer. I have to agree with Hannah. Typically, I use baking soda in the fridge and to deodorize my mattresses, but that is about it. I think this will be a neat craft to try.
Jul 17, 2017
This is really helpful since I have been looking other home remedies for deodorizing our room. I have been using baking soda for cleaning our stainless utensils and pans, shoes and for deodorizing the fridge. I never thought that just adding scented oil will make our room smell fresh and clean.
May 02, 2017
I love this idea! I like that you can create just the scent you love. I might try some light floral scents in spring, then use cinnamon, etc., for winter months.
Mar 01, 2017
I love making my own cleaners and air fresheners! This recipe for Homemade Air Fresheners is great! I use more essential oil then the recipe calls for, about 20 to 40 drops per 1/2 cup of baking soda! I also made my wholes bigger in my cover paper using a whole punch making a nice star design. I shake mine every day and have had to re-add more oil after a few days. I have these in every room of my home. Not only for the holidays, it's a ever day item. Thank you so much for sharing this free craft.
Dec 12, 2016
What an adorable gift idea that these "Homemade Air Fresheners" will make. I am always scratching my head when it comes to small gifts that are gender neutral and can be given as a host/hostess gift that would also be appreciated for its usefulness. I can't wait to give this a try. I do wonder though if the pleasant fragrance will last? Does it depend on what type of fragrance or brand one uses?
Sep 28, 2016
I have tried this many times with different scents and it just doesn't work. It smells for the first few minutes and then nothing after that. I held it right up to my nose and nothing. I tried using a fork and stirred up the baking soda and still nothing. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Oct 23, 2018
This is a concern I had with this project. Baking soda neutralizes odors. Adding the essential oil directly to the baking soda seems like it would just cancel out the scent.
Feb 12, 2013
Works great thank you
Oct 02, 2012
I tried this and the smell wasn't stronge enough to smell let alone freshen the room.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Gorgeous Glitter Pine Cone Wreath
Just because a Christmas craft is nature inspired doesn't mean it can't be glamorous too you'll agree once you see this Gorgeous… Continue reading: "Gorgeous Glitter Pine Cone Wreath"
- 10 Minute Winter Wonderland
- 5-Minute Christmas Centerpiece Decoration
- Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Snuggly Polar Bear DIY Pillow
- Reclaimed Wood Card Display Board DIY Christmas Decor
- Glitter Champagne Bottles
- Pricked Paper Tea Light Luminary
- Elegant Winter Candle Centerpiece
- German Paper Stars
- 16 Country Christmas Craft Ideas
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Two Rows At A Time
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects