24 Gorgeous Christmas Poinsettia Crafts
We gathered our best free poinsettia crafts to inspire your festive DIY Christmas decor!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
In a season of dipping temperatures and frosty landscapes, the poinsettia plant's vibrant colors and luscious petals make a gorgeous statement to your home's decor.
These crimson flowers are a Christmastime staple, likely because of their festive hue and flamboyant appearance. But if your plants die faster than you can say "Merry Christmas," fear not! Here at AllFreeChristmasCrafts, we've collected our best poinsettia crafts that will keep your home teeming with their beauty all season long!
So, break out your crafting materials and roll up your sleeves, because you're going to want to make them all.
Table of Contents
Free Poinsettia Crafts
The beauty of poinsettia crafts is how well they mesh with any style of Christmas decor you may have in your home. They add a pop of color to a minimalist, monochromatic decorative scheme, and blend perfectly with a collection of nostalgic and homemade decorations. These poinsettia crafts are as easy to make as they are beautiful in result, and are perfect for any beginner crafter!
Calling all Christmas crocheters! Your festive hobby doesn't have to be limited to the colder months. Check out these 27 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Summer
Wearable Poinsettia Crafts
If you're one to wear your holiday spirit on your sleeve (pardon the pun), you're going to want to dive into these easy and fashionable poinsettia accessories! The natural beauty of the poinsettia makes for the perfect festive accent to your wardrobe. You can one of these projects to any of your outfits to instantly transform your look into something fit for your office or family Christmas party.
Poinsettia Ornament Crafts
Poinsettia ornaments are a classic Christmas tree decorative staple for a reason. They're timeless, simple, beautiful, and add a visual interest to your family's collection of ornaments. Homemade ornaments make some of the most special holiday decorations and hold more sentimentality than those bought at the store. You can give your Christmas tree a personal touch when you make any of these poinsettia ornament crafts.
Turn the countdown to Christmas into a fun activity for you and the kids with these
Are you trying to decorate your walls this holiday season, but are tired of the typical Christmas wreath design? Then these poinsettia wreath crafts might be just the ticket to get you out of your decorative slump! These projects use a variety of materials and each have their own unique design that you won't be able to find at any retailer, making each wreath truly one-of-a-kind.
Poinsettia Christmas Decor
These poinsettia decorations are so stunning, they look as though they had been plucked out of a high-end catalogue, but they can all be made with your own two hands! The guests at your annual Christmas party will be begging to know where you got your adorable Christmas poinsettia decor, and we're certain they won't believe that they were made by Y-O-U. Give your local home decorative store a run for their money and get to crafting these poinsettia decorations!
The Poinsettia Legend
Now, you may be wondering exactly how the poinsettia became a recognized symbol of the Christmas season. We were curious too, so we did a little digging into the history of the poinsettia plant's relationship to the holiday season!
Poinsettias are native to central America, mainly near southern Mexico. Many believe that the shape of a poinsettia is meant to symbolize the Star of Bethlehem, but an old Mexican legend can also be credited for tying the plant to Christmastime.
The tale says that a young girl wished to gift the baby Jesus at Christmas, but had nothing to give. So, she gathered a bouquet of weeds and brought them to the nativity scene, and legend has it that the love in her heart turned the weeds into beautiful crimson flowers. Because of this legend, poinsettias are known as "Flores de Noche Buena," which translates to "Flowers of the Holy Night."
Read NextSnuggly Polar Bear DIY Pillow
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Snuggly Polar Bear DIY Pillow
- Elegant Winter Candle Centerpiece
- Treat Yo Self DIY Cookie Jar
- Rustic Farmhouse Floral Can Craft
- Wine Bottle Centerpieces
- Christmas Tea Towel Pillow Covers
- Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Pricked Paper Tea Light Luminary
- Glitter Champagne Bottles
- Crochet Christmas Candy Cane Dog Scarf
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Blanket With Easy Stitch Pattern
- Two Row Repeat Quick And Simple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- Easy And Simple Crochet Triangle Shawl
- Simple And Easy Double Crochet Batch Blanket
- Fast And Easy Crochet Textured Blanket
- Easiest Crochet Table Runner Pattern With V Stitch
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects