Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects
- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Simply Modern Christmas
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays
By Cindy Lammon
Gifted By: Martingale Publishing
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, AllFreeChristmasCrafts Editor
Wrap your family and friends in love this Christmas with a handmade quilt. Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays is true to its title's words, featuring festive patterns that are both familiar and original. Cindy Lammon is a designer, blogger, and published author. She has lovingly created 14 quilt designs for the holidays. Even as it pays tribute to the designs of our grandmothers, this collection is a breath of fresh air in the world of Christmas decor.
Picture a Christmas quilt. Do you have visions of dark greens and deep reds? Lammon isn't afraid to add other shades to the mix. From lime green and aqua to pink and cherry red, no hue is off limits in her capable hands. Lammon is also able to meld blues, grays, and even blacks into gorgeous designs while keeping the spirit of the season in each pattern.
These patterns strike a balance between tradition and innovation, due, in part, to Lammon's use of basic shapes and bold fabrics. Lammon is known for her floral patterns, so this focus on geometric designs is a welcome change. Not only do simple shapes allow each pattern to pop, but they also make it easier for beginning and intermediate quilters to piece together these designs. Along the way, readers will pick up quilt block favorites like flying geese, log cabin, chevron, and snowball blocks.
Simply Modern Christmas: Fresh Quilting Patterns for the Holidays contains an array of projects including quilts, table toppers, stockings, and more. If you're new to sewing or quilting, you can start with one of the smaller projects like the tree skirt. The word "holidays" may be in the title, but these patterns are so universal that a simple fabric swap will make them appropriate for any season. When it comes to putting a new spin on an old favorite, this book fits the bill.
Read NextHuggable Amigurumi Book Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Chinese Lantern Tree Ornament
Bring in a new Christmas tradition when you decorate your tree with the Chinese Lantern Tree Ornament. In the Chinese tradition,… Continue reading: "Chinese Lantern Tree Ornament"
- Enter to win a copy of Huggable Amigurumi!
- Papercrafts for Christmas: Making Cards & Decorations
- 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards
- I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas
- Natural Christmas Crafts
- Scandinavian Christmas Crafts and Recipes
- Polka Dot Christmas
- A Very Beaded Christmas
- Really Wild Tea Cosies
- Compound Christmas Ornaments for the Scroll Saw
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Christmas Cards For Kids: Cute Crafts Of Hot Cocoa Mugs (free Set)
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Easiest And Fastest Crochet Rib Blanket
- Quick And Easy Crochet Twisted Ear Warmer Headband
- How To Make A Easy Imperial Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Scarf With Tassels
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects