Compound Christmas Ornaments for the Scroll Saw
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Use a heavy-duty tool to make a delicate ornament. Compound cutting on the scroll saw may sound like a challenge, but this Compound Christmas Ornaments for the Scroll Saw makes it simple. This collection of holiday themed projects makes woodworking festive and fun.
Compound Christmas Ornaments includes 57 projects that range from winter-inspired crafts to religious Christmas decorations. There are patterns for gingerbread men, penguins, and snowmen as well as angels and a Nativity scene. Compound cutting adds dimension to your creations, and even the results of beginners are sure to impress.
Dress up your dinner table with candlestick holders and holiday napkin rings. Every pattern is accompanied by a materials list, step-by-step instructions, and detailed photographs. Author Diana Thompson is a professional scroll saw artist who has written several books on the technique and contributes regularly to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine. With her help, you can master the basics of the scroll saw in no time.
Depending on the size of your tree, you may want to enlarge a few of the patterns before recreating them. After all, you wouldn't want your hard work to get lost in the boughs! Adjust any undersized patterns on your home printer to create some flexibility in terms of width and height. Handmade ornaments are the perfect present for anyone on your gift list. Create Christmas ornaments and decorations that are beautifully intricate for yourself or for a loved one. Don't be intimidated by the thought of crafting with a scroll saw, because is easier (and more fun) than it looks.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Washcloth Snowman Ornament
- Scandinavian-Inspired Paper Village Advent Calendar
- Glass Ornaments with Glitter and Paint
- Winter Scene Place Settings
- Sweet Sock Angel Ornament
- Peppermint Striped Christmas Ornament
- Wooden Christmas Art
- Clay Pot Advent Calendar
- Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Chunky Knit Snowman
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects