Folded Paper German Stars
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
With a few pieces of paper and Folded Paper German Stars, you can deck your halls for cents on the dollar. This book of 25 tutorials offers variations on a Christmas classic–Fröbel folded shapes. With detailed instructions and full color step-by-step photos, Folded Paper German Stars is your guide to making gorgeous decorations like garlands, mobiles, and wreaths.
The Fröbel (or, Froebel) star is a popular decoration that originated in Germany. Assembled from four strips of paper, this craft requires basic weaving and folding techniques. It was named for Friedrich Fröbel, an educator who used paper folding in the classroom as a means to teach children mathematical concepts. Making Froebel stars remains a great activity to keep hands busy and minds active.
Because the Froebel star is constructed without glue, it is considered a form of origami, albeit a nontraditional one. In Germany, people trim their Christmas trees with Froebel stars. Bring this custom into your own home with Folded Paper German Stars. From simple shapes to elaborate structures, this collection of projects has it all, including suggestions to jazz up your finished pieces. Use fun patterned paper or, for an extra bit of dazzle, dip the finished star into wax and sprinkle it with glitter.
Author Armin Täubner is just the man to guide readers through this delicate art form. He has published many craft titles in his native Germany and continues to showcase his skill on the U.S. market with Floragami, a book of folded paper flowers. Folded German Paper Stars is so much more than the title suggests. Learn how to make basic shapes that are perfect for gift tags and note cards, lanterns to light up the room, picture frames for gifts, coasters, wall hangings, and so much more. Give a treasured German tradition a new twist with this wonderful book.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you have a few minutes to spare, then you can make these 3-Minute Paper Snowman Luminaries to decorate your home. These DIY paper… Continue reading: "3-Minute Paper Snowman Luminaries"
- Win a copy of Folded Paper German Stars!
- Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook and Knit
- Christmas Stocking Booklet
- Redwork Winter Twitterings
- Simply Modern Christmas
- Origami Holiday Decorations
- Polka Dot Christmas
- Enter for a chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- Heart Felt Holidays
- Really Wild Tea Cosies
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bag Holder
- How To Crochet Drop Leaf Table Runner
- Christmas Cards To Color In
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket Pattern With One Row Repeat
- Wonderful Wood Wreath For Winter
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Triangle Granny Square Garland
- Classic Raglan Pullover
- Crochet Coat With Belt
- Easy Boomerang Crochet Shawl
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects