Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook and Knit
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook & Knit
By: Jennifer Worick
Published By: Voyageur Press
Book reviewed by Julia Litz, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts
A great gift contains two essential ingredients - sentiment and care. You can go out to the mall, find a generic item and spend too much. Or you can stay home and create a simple gift that speaks to the recipients interests. Whether you have a long list of friends and family or just need one special present, you're sure to find great ideas in Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft Sew, Cook & Knit.
This book is divided into chapters to help you organize your thoughts and find the perfect gift. If you love to sew, the second chapter, Fiber and Fabric, will definitely keep you busy. Paper crafters, check out the fourth chapter, Paper Trail, and learn how to make a journal or personalized stationery. There is even a chapter filled with edible gifts like roasted coffee beans, salted caramels and customized spice rubs.
Before you get started on your handmade gifts, be sure to check out the first chapter of the book, The Art of the Gift. In this section, you'll find a gift-giving worksheet. Here you can keep track of information such as ring size, favorite television show and interior design style. This is a great way to get to know your friends and family members! Also, be sure to check out the Presenting the Present section, which is filled with creative alternatives to wrapping paper. Who knew that a chinese takeout box could be a great gift wrap option?
Each project includes color photos, step-by-step instructions and a materials list. Some projects also feature anecdotes and project notes to help you along the way. This book is sure to keep you busy all year long and will help you find the perfect gift for every single person on your Christmas list.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Even in America, the simple Scandinavian style is super popular during Christmas. Make and add these Scandinavian-Style Wooden… Continue reading: "Scandinavian-Style Wooden Ornaments"
- I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas
- Polka Dot Christmas
- 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards
- Holiday Crafting & Baking With Kids
- Natural Christmas Crafts
- Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook and Knit
- Redwork Winter Twitterings
- Patchwork: 25 Sewing Projects for Fabric Lovers
- Mollie Makes Christmas
- Win a copy of Folded Paper German Stars!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Little Bitty Round Doily
- Cute Crochet Frog Bookmark
- Coffee Crochet Mug Cozy Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Outline Flower Crochet Potholder
- Simple And Quick Crochet Baby Square Blanket
- Surface Slip Stitch Crochet Name Tags
- Earth Day Crochet Doily
- Angel Baby Rattle
- Elf Goody Bag
- Pumpkin Pie Earrings
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects