We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
I have always loved old, discarded things. My fondest memories of my dad are the many junking adventures he shared with me as a child, and then on into adulthood. Weekend family outings involved attending auctions and yard sales. I don't remember my dad ever walking away empty handed. He always seemed to find a gem among the junk. His gift was acquiring items that could be used as-is or requiring only simple fixes. He was also an electrician, so he could rewire most any non-working appliance.
As I got older, making do with scarred and battered furnishings lost its appeal. Because money was scarce, re-purposing and re-imagining became a new adventure. I found I had a knack for making old, tattered things appear new again. I didn't stop at just facelifts, either; I discovered that vintage linens and old clothes were the perfect substitute for store-bought fabric. Digging through boxes of textiles at tag sales became a passion, but I never had tunnel vision. There are just too many possibilities at every tag sale, curb and (dare I say) dumpster to limit creative vision.
Since I couldn't seem to make just one of anything, I tried my hand at craft sales, vending my creations. I loved it, and my customers did, too. The rest is a blur that has snowballed into a craft business that includes designing, writing, and selling my imaginings. I have shared my design tutorials in several print magazines, books, online sites, and my own little blog, Restyled Junk. Come by and visit. Maybe we can inspire each other.
Projects on AllFreeChristmasCrafts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Repurposed Paper Bag Advent Calendar
- Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover
- Black Eyed Susan Flower
- Disney Inspired Holiday Princess Printable Gift Card Holders
- Joy and Peace Free Printable Holiday Cards
- Gingerbread Belly Pot Holder
- 28 Fantastic DIY Advent Calendars
- 32 Christmas Sewing Crafts to Decorate your Home
- Reindeer Basket
- Jute Basket
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects