This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Grinch Paper Bag Puppet
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"Isn't one of the best Christmas movies How the Grinch Stole Christmas? At our house, we watch this movie all year long! It's one of our favorites! Try our Grinch Paper Bag Puppet! Just grab some construction paper, craft glue, sharpie, black gel pen, pencil, scissors, and a brown paper bag. Don't have a paper bag? No worries! You can craft a customized paper bag using brown paper. Your kids will love customizing their Grinch with pom poms and markers! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction paper
- Brown paper bag
- Craft glue
- Black gel pen
Start by choosing your colored sheets of construction paper. For this craft you will need one sheet each of dark green, light green, and yellow. Optional: Select 2 different colors of construction paper for the hat pattern. For this tutorial I used yellow and red for the hat. Once you have all of your construction papers chosen, you can start tracing! You will trace the eyebrow, nose and collar patterns on the dark green paper. Next, trace the head, arms and the body (rectangle shape) on the light green paper. Next you will trace the eye patterns, hat trim, and hat pom pom on the yellow paper. Also trace the hat base pattern on red paper. After everything has been traced, grab your scissors and cut out the various shapes. Grab a green sharpie and color in the iris section of the eye pattern.
Begin gluing by attaching the eyebrow and the eye cutouts to the top side of the head cutout.
Next you will glue the nose below the eyes. Now you will begin adding even more details to the face. Do this by grabbing your black gel pen and tracing the outlines of the eyes. Using the same pen, draw the mouth. Then use a pink sharpie to draw blush spots on both cheeks (optional).
Grab your glue again and stick the collar of fur at the neck of the body cutout. Glue the arm cutouts on both sides of the body pattern.
Grab a brown paper bag. If you don’t have a brown paper bag you can craft a customized paper bag using brown paper. The bottom side of the bag will be the top side of the Grinch puppet. Attach the body pattern on the front side of the paper bag, keeping the collar of fur towards the side of the bag with the flap.
Now, flatten the flap of the paper bag so it faces the front side of the bag where the body is. Finally, glue the head pattern of the Grinch on the flap to complete the paper bag puppet.
Optional: Glue the hat trim to the bottom of the hat base. Then attach the pom pom to the point at the top of the hat. Finally, glue the completed hat to the top of the head.
Read NextCoffee Filter Reindeer Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add the perfect vintage touch to your Christmas tree with this dollar store craft that the whole family can make! These Glittering… Continue reading: "Glittering Vintage DIY Mini Ornaments"
- Coffee Filter Reindeer Craft
- 38 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Mice
- Melting Beads/ Perler Beads Cardinal Ornament
- Funny Elf On The Shelf Ideas
- Fun Foam Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Paint Stick Snowmen
- Shredded Paper Animal Art
- Santa Claus Baby Food Jar
- Toilet Paper Tube Santa Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket With Raised Texture
- Whirlpool Crochet Flower Doily Pattern
- Pug Ornament
- Springtime Crochet Placemat
- Leaf Bunch Crochet Bookmark
- Tide Texture Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects