7 Easy Christmas Crafts
- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Lump of Coal Christmas Soap
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
Sometimes a gag gift is the best way to make someone smile during the holiday season. Create your own Lump of Coal Soap for a particularly naughty friend. Use fabric or cardstock to wrap the soap before leaving it under the tree.
- Melt & Pour Glycerin Soap
- Gray soap coloring (or yellow, red, and blue food coloring)
- Soap fragrance of your choice
- Measuring cup (microwave safe)
- Stirring spoon
- Cutting board and knife
Paper Packaging Materials:
- Cardstock Paper (or business card perforated paper)
- Hole puncher
- Small cellophane bag
- Computer & Printer
Fabric Packaging Materials:
- 1/4 yard red fabric
- Iron-On Interfacing & Iron
- Sewing Machine and/or Serger
Cut melt & pour soap into ice cubed sized chunks.
Add approximately 8 oz of soap into a measuring cup. Microwave 50 seconds and then additional 15 second increments until all soap is melted. Stir with spoon.
Add soap fragrance and stir.
Add gray (or yellow, red and blue) color additive and stir until you achieve your desired “coal” color.
Continue to stir while soap begins to solidify in the measuring cup for 2 to 5 minutes.
As the soap cools and is soft to the touch, start forming rounded balls with the soap by rolling in your hands like clay.
Allow soap to solidify completely.
Paper Packaging Instructions:
Using your word processing software on your computer, design a tag for your soap with phrases such as, “You’ve been Naughty - Here’s your Lump of Coal...Soap” Be creative! If you have business card paper, use business card template pre-loaded on your word processing software.
Print out your tag / card on business card paper or cardstock.
Cut out your tag and punch a hole in the upper left corner of the card.
- Place soap in the cellophane bag and secure with the ribbon and attach the card.
Fabric Packaging Instructions:
Cut 2 rectangles of red fabric 4” X 6”.
Optional Lettering: If your sewing machine can sew words/embroidery (and you wish to sew “Lump of Coal” onto your bag), then cut 1 rectangle of interfacing 75” X 5.75” or 3 3/4” X 5 3/4”. Iron interfacing onto the wrong side of one rectangle of the red fabric. Using your computerized sewing machine, program “Lump of Coal” and sew onto the right side of red fabric with interfacing on the back. Alternatively, if you do not have a computerized or embroidery sewing machine, you can paint the words with fabric paint.
Optional: Fold down 1/2 inch top of red fabric and sew in place, OR serge finish red fabric on top side.
Place right sides of red fabric together. Using a 1/2 inch seam allowance, sew 3 sides together to make a pocket / bag.
Turn bag so that the right sides are facing out.
- Place soap in the bag and tie with ribbon to close.
How to Make Lump of Coal Christmas Soap:
Find more projects and tutorials from Craft Designer Caroline Dunn.
Read NextAdorable Snowman Soap Bars
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Dec 05, 2014
Wow this is a great and simple gift idea, thinking of giving it to my fiance "to my naughty girl" kinda thing. I know she will love it, ty for sharing this, I love how really easy this is going to be )
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Golf Ball Snowman Christmas Ornament Craft
Score a hole in one with a golfing fan by giving them a Golf Ball Snowman Christmas Ornament Craft. Homemade Christmas ornaments like… Continue reading: "Golf Ball Snowman Christmas Ornament Craft"
- Adorable Snowman Soap Bars
- DIY Christmas Hand Warmers
- Easy Crochet Lace Bookmark
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Cookies In A Jar
- Easy Crochet Shell Block Blanket
- Fleece Scarf with Yarn Fringe No Sew
- Christmas Mason Jar Gifts
- Easy Crochet Scarf With Snuggle Yarn
- Cute Crochet Frog Bookmark
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Textured Granny Square Block
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects