- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
How to Make Paper Snowflakes
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
Learn How to Make Paper Snowflakes with this step-by-step tutorial. Paper snowflakes make phenomenal DIY Christmas decorations and can be kept up all winter. This snowflake template is also easy enough for kids even though adults will love making paper snowflakes, too. Making a paper snowflake will bring you back to your fun childhood as well. Just like real snowflakes, snowflake patterns are all different. Experimenting with different cut-outs and designs is just as exciting as seeing these beautiful Christmas decorations hung up around your home.
Because it's paper, you can always use different colored or weights of paper to see what happens. Adding glitter, stickers, or other embellishments is another fun aspect of making paper snowflakes. Every child should know how to make paper snowflakes, and Christmas crafts for kids like this tutorial are great ways to spend time together as the hectic holidays approach. They are fast, easy, and fun, making them the ideal craft for Christmas, kids, and adults.
You can get the full infographic by clicking the link below!
Your children are going to love these 12 Simple Christmas Ornaments for Kids
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
- Plain white piece of paper (use other types and colors if desired)
- Glitter, stickers, or other embellishments (optional)
- String or yarn for hanging (optional)
- Hole punch for creating hole for hanging (optional)
Directions for How to Make Paper Snowflakes:
Follow the steps below to learn how to make a paper snowflake that can be used as DIY ornaments on your Christmas tree, hung around your home, or attached to gifts.
Get a plain piece of paper, such as an 8.5" x 11" piece of printer paper.
Cut the piece of paper in half lengthwise, leaving two long pieces.
Fold the sheet into rectangles with the longer side of the paper as the widths of the rectangles. Start by folding it in half lengthwise to get the center crease and then folding the two halves into even rectangles.
Undo the folds. You should have a long accordion shape.
Fold it back into the accordion shape. Staple in the center of the folded paper so that the length of the staple is aligned with the width of the paper stack.
Create your snowflake design on a scrap piece of paper that is the same size as one of your stacked rectangles. Think of how snowflakes look to choose a shape. This may take a practice round first to see the final product.
Cut out your design from the rectangle.
You should have a template for one "petal" of your snowflake.
Place that piece on one-half and on the top of your stacked pile.
Trace your design on the folded paper stack.
Cut out the traced design from the entire stack.
Repeat steps 9 through 11 on the other half of your paper stack. You will then have mirrored design shapes in your stack.
Glue one side of the accordion and flip to the other side. Repeat on the side that is not yet together.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 26, 2018
Thank you for putting this tutorial in here. How many of you thought like I did that you could just pick up the paper and scissors and make snowflakes like we did when we were kids? I underestimated remembering where to cut. I am sure glad to find this tutorial.
Oct 31, 2017
I just discovered this tutorial and thought I would give it a try. The tutorial is so well written and the technique, so simple. This image is my first one and I really love it! I used normal printer paper and it turned out excellent. I like the size of it, too. I know I will be making lots more of these. They will add a beautiful winter look to one of my windows.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Fluffy Pom Pom Snowman Craft
This DIY snowman decoration looks so huggable! You and your children will have a blast putting together this Fluffy Pom Pom Snowman… Continue reading: "Fluffy Pom Pom Snowman Craft"
- 14 Candy Cane Crafts
- 13 Christmas Keepsake Crafts
- DIY Earrings for Christmas
- How to Make Paper Snowflakes
- 27 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Summer
- 27 Recycled Christmas Crafts
- 14 Book Craft Ideas for Christmas
- A Summer Christmas: 21 Christmas in July Crafts
- 24 Paper Christmas Decorations
- DIY Christmas Decorations: 300+ Christmas Craft Ideas
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Two Rows At A Time
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects