Reindeer Christmas Canvas Gift Tote
If you are looking for a unique gift wrapping idea this season, try making a Christmas gift bag like this Reindeer Christmas Canvas Gift Tote. This easy reindeer craft is so cute that it will surely make your presents stand out under the tree. You can also turn the tote into a neat homemade Christmas gift itself. This tutorial suggests filling the bag with sewing materials for a craft enthusiast, but you could also pack it with microwave popcorn and candy for a movie lover. Be creative and fill each tote with items that reflect your friends and families' unique interests.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter® Gold Fine
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Fashion Designs™ Red Heart
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Thin pressing cloth
- Sewing machine
- Heavy book
- Thread – red
- Cotton swabs
- Canvas tote bag – white
- Red Button
- 1” Ribbon – red
- (2) Felt squares – tan
- Cut two felt reindeer according to pattern.
- Sew reindeer cutouts together with red thread, leaving a 2” opening on the rear to create a scissor pocket.
- Iron Red Heart Iron-On Fashion Design onto rear of reindeer as shown, following package instructions.
- Glue reindeer onto center of tote with Fabric Fusion. Lay tote flat with a heavy book on top of reindeer until dry.
- Squeeze a puddle of Original Tacky Glue on foil, then use cotton swab to dab glue randomly around edges of reindeer, following photo as a guide. While glue is wet, sprinkle Gold Glitter onto glue. Let dry then shake off excess glitter.
- Use tweezers to place Red Crystals ¾” apart along top of tote and around reindeer, as shown. Set in place with Cordless Heat-Setting Tool, following instructions on package.
- Glue red button onto reindeer nose with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
- Fill tote with sewing items for a gift, and tie handle with red ribbon bow to complete.
Read NextUpcycled Gift Box