Christmas Stocking Booklet
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
You're not officially ready for Christmas until you've hung your stocking by the fireside! No one is quite sure where or when this tradition originated, but the following story is as good (or as heartwarming!) as any.
Once upon a time, Saint Nicholas snuck into a penniless family's hovel where he found stockings hung by the fireplace to dry. Touched by the family's plight, Saint Nicholas placed a small bag of gold in each stocking and went on his way. When family members awoke the next morning, they discovered that they had enough money to last the rest of their lives.
To this day, people hang Christmas stockings by the fireplace, stash them under the tree, or wrap them around bedposts in the hopes that Santa Claus will fill them with goodies overnight. Over the years, Christmas stockings have evolved from plain old socks to works of art. One aspect that has remained constant, however, is that Christmas stockings have the owner’s name written on them so that Santa knows where to put each present. Taking a cue from this beloved tradition, the Christmas Stocking Booklet features a cross stitch pattern for a personalized stocking that will knock your socks off.
A gift in itself, this cross stitch design puts Jolly Old St. Nick front and center. He's surrounded by the kinds of treats your little ones might enjoy: a teddy bear, a doll, candy canes, and a drum. The alphabet chart that allows you to tailor this stocking to anyone ensures that this keepsake will be treasured for many Christmases to come.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The spiral Christmas tree ornament is a modern take on the classic Christmas tree design. This simple Christmas ornament allows you to… Continue reading: "Spiral Christmas Tree Ornament"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why Buy A Real Christmas Tree
- Santa Felt Boots
- 3d Wood Snowman
- Diy Gift Boxes
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Crochet Heart Angel
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland
- Salt Dough Houses
- Christmas Village Shadowbox
- Corrugated Cardboard Snowman Ornaments
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects