Huggable Amigurumi Book Review
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Huggable Amigurumi Book Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
Every baby deserves a little snuggly animal to keep by their side. Whether it serves as a friend or a safe feeling, baby needs to have a soft companion. And of course, who could say no to a soft and cuddly animal? Martingale has just come out with an adorable book that will make you become baby's hero - Huggable Amigurumi: 18 Cute and Cuddly Animal Softies.
Using your favorite yarns you can make these adorable animals with sweet personalities. Each animal is 6 inches to 12 inches tall and is perfect for amigurumi-lovers who are looking for larger projects. As you go through the book and turn the pages you will constantly be oh'ing and ah'ing at each of the designs because they are just too cute.
With 18 animals to choose from you are sure to find the perfect friend for your sweet little one. Included are a lamb, a swan, an elephant, a giraffe, a turtle, a raccoon, a penguin and so much more. Each of the crochet patterns is listed as easy, which is great for those just learning how to crochet amigurumi patterns.
The only drawback about some of the animals is that they use safety eyes which can be dangerous for babies, but you can easily replace those eyes by sewing or embroidering eyes on instead. Or if you're like me, you can make the amigurumi as room decor until the baby is old enough to use it as a toy or snuggly friend.
What absolutely amazes me about these patterns is that they were created by a college student! She started crocheting as a school requirement in sixth grade and fell in love with it; and who can blame her!
These irresistible animals are perfect for baby shower gifts, birthday gifts or Christmas gifts, or you can simply keep them for yourself. Whatever you decide, the recipient is sure to fall in love.
Comment below and let us know what your favorite animal is.
Read NextStencil 101
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make Simple and Quick Button Jewelry for your friends and family because whether their look is simple, chic, understated or girly,… Continue reading: "Simple and Quick Button Jewelry"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Gnome Ornament
- Crochet Sleek Doily How To Crochet Round Doily
- 100 Christmas Trivia For Kids
- Printable Christmas Planner
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Free Christmas I Spy Printable
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Printable Christmas Gift Card For Christmas
- Toilet Paper Roll Moose
- Paper Flower Wreath
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects