Origami Holiday Decorations
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Origami Holiday Decorations
By Florence Temko
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Liz Abderholden, Editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
If you want to learn a fun new way to craft, or are already a paper craft fanatic Florence Temko's Origami Holiday Decorations, is just the book for you. Filled with 25 paperfolding projects, this book will help you get ready for the holiday season, with projects for Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.
Like Florence Temko's other books, she gives thorough and easy to follow instructions with each project. The book begins with a brief introduction to the art of origami. Here, she details out four important symbols of origami, three common procedures that often occur in the art of paperfolding, and even basic facts of each holiday. After laying basic groundwork, she dives into the projects.
Unlike other craft books, which are often divided into sections, Temko mixes the projects together, with each project getting progressively harder than the next. She doesn't even divide them by holiday, instead leaving it a wonderful mixture of festivities. Each project is clearly labeled, with a brief introduction and materials list, before moving on to the main portion of the page, the instructions. There are clearly written step-by-step instructions that are accompanied large and detailed. This makes it very easy to follow along. To top it off, she includes a small photo of the finished product, so you have an idea of what it should look like.
The projects not only vary in holiday and difficulty, but also in use. Temko includes everything from decorations that you can hang around the house to candy dishes and money envelopes. While other craft books may go over the top with pictures and graphics, Origmai Holiday Decorations keeps it simple, which is actually rather nice. It's focus is more on the projects then the overall aesthetic of the book. If you're looking to learn the art of origami or are already a devote paper crafter in need of some new ideas, then this is a great craft book for you.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Redwork Winter Twitterings
- Holiday Crafting & Baking With Kids
- Fa La La La Felt
- Simple Gifts: 50 Little Luxuries to Craft, Sew, Cook and Knit
- Christmas Crafts Scandinavian Style
- Simply Modern Christmas
- Handcrafted Christmas
- Enter to win a copy of Color Me Stress-Free!
- Christmas Crafting in No Time
- Polka Dot Christmas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quick Round Potholder Placemat
- Snowman Slime
- No Knot Fleece Blanket
- Snowflake Mason Jar Vases
- Crochet Picot Flower Square Motif
- Crochet Heart Snowflake
- Make Gift Tags From Christmas Cards
- Christmas Word Search
- I Spy Christmas
- Crochet Equilateral Triangle
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects