The Crafty Chica Collection
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
The Crafty Chica Collection
by Kathy Cano Murillo
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Bring some real Latin flair to your crafting using the colorful and quirky projects designed by Kathy Cano Murillo, author of The Crafty Chica Collection. Whether you're looking for something to add character to your home during the holidays or simply a new addition to your everyday life, this collection of decorations, accessories, and home decor items have an authentic blend of folk art and modernity that artistic crafters will really appreciate. You'll not only get to make unique projects, but also learn a little about the cultures they come from; nothing's more rewarding!
There are over 100 pages filled with crafts, templates, and vibrant color pictures that will inspire your daring side. Even if you've never experienced Latin culture before, don't be afraid to take this oppotunity to learn, as Kathy Cano Murillo is ready to share her knowledge with the world. Not only is there a helpful introduction to the book, but also introductions to each of her projects to help readers best feel where their inspiration can come from.
The Crafty Chica Collection is divided into 5 main categories, Home Accessories, Gardening, Fiesta, Furnishings, and Personal Accessories. As soon as you turn the page, you'll begin to see what makes any of these projects unique. They're colorful and always have personal touches, and they're also very thrifty. You'll be able to use leftover craft materials as well as objects you may just have lying around the house to create entirely new crafts that look like they're from a totally different place.
I personally recommend the "Tissue Flower Topiary" (pg. 70) which combine all of the beauty of a Mexican flower arrangement with the lightness of tissue paper. Cano Murillo presents a lush craft that looks just like the real thing (and will probably last you much longer).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Compound Christmas Ornaments for the Scroll Saw
- Patchwork: 25 Sewing Projects for Fabric Lovers
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Beanies!
- Enter to win a copy of Color Me Stress-Free!
- Enter to win a copy of Creative Scarves!
- Enter to win Gift Wrapping Papers!
- Enter to win a copy of Huggable Amigurumi!
- Enter for a chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
- Papercrafts for Christmas: Making Cards & Decorations
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Snowflakes For Dummies
- Paper Snowflake Ornament
- Gnome Ornament From Paper Rolls
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Bruce The Spruce Tree
- Round Textured Crochet Flower Tablemat
- Easy To Make Rosebud Spring Flower Coaster
- Easy To Make Crochet Sunflower Mini Doily
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects