Time to Tangle with Colors
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Time to Tangle with Colors
Gifted by: Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
Have you ever heard of "tangling" before? Zentangle is a process that was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, and it is a unique art form that anyone can sit down and create. It was designed for people of all ages and all artistic skill-levels as a means of relaxing through sketching these repetitive patterns---hence, the name Zentangle. The steps are incredibly basic: squiggle lines on paper at random, fill in the lines with opposing patterns, and add shading. It's as simple as that! You won't believe the incredible art you'll create from such a simple and enjoyable process.
Several books have already been released on Zentangle from Design Originals, an imprint of Fox Chapel Publishing. These books all offer excellent techniques and tips on the art of "tangling," or Zentangle. Zentangle is explained so clearly as to make the art seem effortless, and in a way, that is the purpose. The process is designed to be relaxing and rewarding, regardless of artistic skill level.
Maria Browning, author of Time to Tangle with Colors, takes the concept of Zentangle in another direction as she focuses on the art of coloring in the beautiful Zentangle designs. In categorizing her book by the various mediums used, Browning clearly defines all of the benefits and techniques associated with each pencil, marker, and pen. In the second half of the book, she shows various projects Zentangle can be applied to. One of these projects is cardmaking, perfect for Christmas crafting! From scrapbook pages to photo frames to landscapes and more, the ideas are abundant and seemingly endless in this wonderful book. Grab friends, children, students, coworkers, anyone! Sit down together and get creative in the most relaxing way possible when you learn the art of Zentangle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Christmas Tablemat
- Funny Elf On The Shelf Ideas
- How To Diy A Drawstring Pull - Cover Drawstring Ends The Cute Way!
- Diy Tree Skirt
- Diy Tissue Paper Tassels
- Easy Diy Gift Card Holder
- Diy Decorative Christmas Matchboxes
- Minnie Mouse Christmas Wreath
- Christmas Pillow Slipcover
- Jolly Snowman Christmas Wreath
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects