- see all comments
"How did you download the template for the gingerbread garland?"
"I Can't find the free template download for gingerbread/peppermint garland?"
"Thank you for the article. A lot of useful information. Nice blog!br /By the way, I found a cool article about Christmas earrings. Read if interested https//www.beyindi.com/blog/30-interesting-christm == as-earrings-designs-for-2022.html"
Plaid Shirt Christmas Pillows
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Click here to view your Christmas Projects.
"This pillow cover is easy to make from a man's dress shirt. Don't donate those old shirts! These are very easy to make, and simply unbutton the shirt to add or remove your pillow. This pillow can be made with hem tape rather than sewing if you don't know how to sew."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Discarded men's dress shirt or one from a thrift store
- Matching thread
I make these for lots of pillows, not only Christmas themed pillows. Men's dress shirts are very smooth, so they make amazingly comfortable pillows!
Spread the shirt out flat.
Measure the height and width of pillow that will be inside the cover. Cut the pillow front and back out of the body portion of the shirt to the pillow measurements plus 1" for seams.
Reverse front and back sides so the front and back pieces face together. Stitch around all four sides 1/2" from edge. Zig-zag stitch or serge to secure raw edges. For no-sew, fuse seams with hem tape.
From the wrong side, slip fingers between buttons and unbutton shirt front. Reverse shirt to right-side-out.
Press around seams and insert pillow. Enjoy!
Read Next10 Minute Winter Wonderland
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 30, 2018
Who would think to make a pillow for a Christmas decoration? I absolutely adore this idea because it is fun and cute. I know a few men that would love to get these pillows as a gift so that they could decorate and still keep the space masculine. I have a great idea for dinner.
Dec 20, 2017
This sounds awesome to make. Will certainly be trying it out very soon
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Antique Canning Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
This Antique Canning Lid Snowman Ornament Craft has a fabulous rustic and old-fashioned appearance which is great for Christmas.… Continue reading: "Antique Canning Lid Snowman Ornament Craft"
- 10 Minute Winter Wonderland
- 5-Minute Christmas Centerpiece Decoration
- Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Snuggly Polar Bear DIY Pillow
- Reclaimed Wood Card Display Board DIY Christmas Decor
- Glitter Champagne Bottles
- Pricked Paper Tea Light Luminary
- Elegant Winter Candle Centerpiece
- German Paper Stars
- 16 Country Christmas Craft Ideas
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite projects
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Two Rows At A Time
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects