Plaid Shirt Christmas Pillows
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"This pillow cover is easy to make from a man's dress shirt. Don't donate those old shirts! These are very easy to make, and simply unbutton the shirt to add or remove your pillow. This pillow can be made with hem tape rather than sewing if you don't know how to sew."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Discarded men's dress shirt or one from a thrift store
- Matching thread
I make these for lots of pillows, not only Christmas themed pillows. Men's dress shirts are very smooth, so they make amazingly comfortable pillows!
Spread the shirt out flat.
Measure the height and width of pillow that will be inside the cover. Cut the pillow front and back out of the body portion of the shirt to the pillow measurements plus 1" for seams.
Reverse front and back sides so the front and back pieces face together. Stitch around all four sides 1/2" from edge. Zig-zag stitch or serge to secure raw edges. For no-sew, fuse seams with hem tape.
From the wrong side, slip fingers between buttons and unbutton shirt front. Reverse shirt to right-side-out.
Press around seams and insert pillow. Enjoy!
Read NextHoliday Cube
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Holiday Cube
- Merry Felt Mistletoe
- No Sew Candy Throw Pillows
- Crochet Christmas Candy Cane Dog Scarf
- 45+ Cheap Christmas Decorations for Your Home
- Snowy Scene DIY Centerpieces
- Vintage Inspired Felt Christmas Banner
- Upcycle Old Planters to Candle Holders with Chalk Paint
- Homemade Air Fresheners
- Recycled Ceiling Fan Christmas Decor
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Christmas Bingo Free Printable
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Pictionary
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Christmas Wishlist For Kids
- Snowtastic Winter Scattergories
- Would You Rather Holiday Questions
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects