Plaid Shirt Christmas Pillows
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
"This pillow cover is easy to make from a man's dress shirt. Don't donate those old shirts! These are very easy to make, and simply unbutton the shirt to add or remove your pillow. This pillow can be made with hem tape rather than sewing if you don't know how to sew."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
- Discarded men's dress shirt or one from a thrift store
- Matching thread
I make these for lots of pillows, not only Christmas themed pillows. Men's dress shirts are very smooth, so they make amazingly comfortable pillows!
Spread the shirt out flat.
Measure the height and width of pillow that will be inside the cover. Cut the pillow front and back out of the body portion of the shirt to the pillow measurements plus 1" for seams.
Reverse front and back sides so the front and back pieces face together. Stitch around all four sides 1/2" from edge. Zig-zag stitch or serge to secure raw edges. For no-sew, fuse seams with hem tape.
From the wrong side, slip fingers between buttons and unbutton shirt front. Reverse shirt to right-side-out.
Press around seams and insert pillow. Enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- DIY Snowy Mason Jar Luminaries
- 40 Creative Ways to Make a Snowflake
- 5-Minute Christmas or Winter Decoration
- Christmas Crochet Planter Cover
- Anthro Inspired Snow Globes
- Scandinavian-Style Christmas Tea Light Holders
- 16 Ribbon Craft Ideas for Christmas
- 10 Minute Winter Wonderland
- Pine Cone DIY Christmas Balls
- A Vintage Christmas: 16 Old Fashioned Craft Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Rectangle Basket With Dividers Made In Rounds
- Christmas Angel Noodle Crafts
- Top 50 Easy Christmas Crafts of 2021
- How To Make A Easy Crochet Scarf With Puff Stitch
- Buffalo Plaid Coaster
- Two Row Repeat Crochet Blanket With Chunky Yarn
- Christmas Crochet Gift Card Holder
- Diy Crochet Gift Box Ornaments Amigurumi Cube Pattern
- Gingerbead Cookie Ornaments
- Christmas Crackers
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects