Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
Bernat Maker Home Dec is a bulky weight, cotton blend, tubular yarn. Working with it feels like crocheting or knitting with your favorite cotton t-shirt – except that this t-shirt is not only soft but has nylon in it (28%) so it doesn’t stretch too much. And, unlike working with a t-shirt yarn, Bernat Maker Home Dec is sealed off as a tube, giving it a cushy feel.
Each ball is a generous 8.8 oz (250 g) and 317 yards (290 m). Bernat Maker Home Dec is available in 16 coordinating colors, including 8 solids and 8 variegated yarns. It’s an easy care yarn that can be machine washed and dried at low temperatures.
Projects in Bernat Maker Home Dec work up quickly since it’s a bulky (#5) yarn. The recommended hook size is US L-11/8 mm and the recommended needle size is US 11/8 mm. I found that using the recommended hook size gave my project a nice drape. I happened to be working on a project during a heat wave but was comfortable because the yarn is soft and breathable. Unlike working with a 100% cotton yarn, where you can sometimes feel it stretching out while you are working your stitches, this tubular yarn has a bit of memory. It has really nice stitch definition, which some tubular yarns do not.
I would recommend it for a variety of home décor items including bathroom projects, blankets, and pillows. I think it would also be great for plush toys and transitional weather accessories like hats and scarves for spring or fall because it is so soft but not too heavy. Bernat Maker Home Dec is an ideal yarn for any project that will come close to the skin.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win the Summer Stamp Collection!
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Enter to win Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Treat Boxes
- Mavalus Snazzy Tape
- Bazzill Basics Timeless Paper Collection
- Beaded Ornament Kit
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Chance to win Duck Brand Glitter Tape!
- Chance to win Woodpeckers Wooden Candle Holders!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rustic Crochet Jute Bag How To Crochet With Jute Twine Cord
- Crochet Twisted Earwarmer Headband With Texture
- Ribbon Candy Wreath
- Easy Diy Snowman Wreath
- Crochet Rectangle Basket With Dividers Made In Rounds
- Christmas Angel Noodle Crafts
- Top 50 Easy Christmas Crafts of 2021
- How To Make A Easy Crochet Scarf With Puff Stitch
- Buffalo Plaid Coaster
- Two Row Repeat Crochet Blanket With Chunky Yarn
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects