Burly Spun Yarn
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Burly Spun Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
With the cold arctic air it only seems natural to want to snuggle up in a warm crochet blanket made with thick, bulky yarn. Brown Sheep has a line called Burly Spun that is made of 100% wool at 132 yards and 8 ounces; with such a bulky yarn you can easily work up an afghan in no time.
Burly Spun is a smooth, single-ply super bulky yarn that can be knit, crocheted or woven with; you might also find that it's fun for needle felting as well. Spun from 100% USA wool, dyed in 31 solid colors and 8 hand-painted colors, this yarn is great for anyone who wants to work up a quick project. Within those many color choices mentioned previously, you'll see names like Wild Oak, Orange You Glad, Precious Lavender, Prairie Fire, Caribbean Waves, Baby Blush and so much more.
If you're looking for something with instant gratification then you're going to fall in love with Burly Spun. Making a top down sweater? You only need 4 skeins for that! You can work up sweaters, hats, scarves, crochet bags, cowls, baby sets and so much more. The yarn itself feels a bit rough to the touch, but for a wool yarn it's actually quite soft. It's thick, but there's actually not a lot of drape, which is nice. The packaging suggests size 13 needles, but you may get away with using size 15.
What some may or may not like about this yarn is that it is permanently mothproofed, meaning a non-insecticide chemical is applied to the yarn. It's added to the dye bath and is permanent in the sense that it will not wash, rub or dry clean off the wool. If you keep your yarn in storage you can remain worry-free of those pesky moths. With fabulous color choices and the warmth of this squishy yarn, I can't wait for you to try it out!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
With this Christmas project, you will get free knitting patterns for this DIY Mittens Homemade Advent Calendar. That's 24 unique mini… Continue reading: "DIY Mittens Homemade Advent Calendar"
- Chance to Win a Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Enter to Win the Martha Stewart Holiday Treats Kit Giveaway!
- Chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar Kit
- Enter for a chance to win Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner!
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Holiday Stocking Kit!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Treat Boxes
- Solar Snowflake Tree Outdoor Christmas Decoration
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Holiday Banner
- Christmas Embroidery Hoop
- DIY Kindness Advent Calendar
- Embroidered Wreath Holiday Card
- DIY Polar Bear Pillow
- DIY Snowman Hoop Ornament
- How to make an easy DIY Gnome Christmas Ornament
- Kid-Friendly Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees Craft
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- Snowman Belly Flatware Holder
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects