20+ Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids
From ornaments to snacks, these easy Christmas crafts are perfect for kids of all ages!
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
When the weather outside is frightful, it's time to stay indoors and get crafting! With these 20+ Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids, you can create a festive assortment of easy crafts for ornaments, decorations, and toys and games just in time for Christmas. You can even whip up some snacks that kids of all ages are sure to love using the recipes in this collection! You don't need to break the bank on the materials or plan advance, either. You can simply spend an afternoon crafting some fun and easy Christmas crafts with kids. Some of these Christmas crafts could also be used as special keepsakes that parents are sure to love. Many of these crafts use minimal instructions and could be used as a project in the classroom or youth organization, too.
These simple kids' crafts are just the beginning of a fantastic and creative journey! Once your child makes one project, they'll want to make even more simple kids Christmas crafts. You and your child will enjoy creating these crafts, which can be displayed at home and shared with family and friends.
Table of Contents
Easy Ornament Crafts for Kids
Children of all ages will love displaying their handmade ornaments on the Christmas tree! If you're looking for just the right ornaments to make, then this selection will get you started. These easy ornament crafts are kid-friendly and can be made at home or in the classroom. The result is a delightful ornament that can be displayed on the tree for years.
- Elmo OrnamentIt is a proven fact that kids cannot resist Elmo. If you're looking for simple Christmas ornaments to make with a toddler or young child, you can't go wrong with this adorable project. You only need some cotton balls, googly eyes and glue to make your own furry friend. Simple kids' crafts like this one are perfect for after school!
- Beaded Candy CanesHere's an alternative to simple Christmas ornaments to make. Practice creating patterns and make simple Christmas decorations for your tree! If you're looking for simple crafts for children, then this is the perfect project for you!
- Stocking Perler Bead Pattern OrnamentIf your child adores bead patterns, then this craft is one to try! This pattern uses red and green beads, but you could substitute other colors, too, including those for school or a favorite sports team.
- Can you believe these elegant and chic ornaments are also kid-friendly? This glitter craft is definitely one to try this holiday season.
- Spiral Acrylic Bead Ornament for KidsQuick and easy to make, this ornament can be customized to use just about any color! Children of all ages will enjoy displaying this craft on the tree.
- Easy Glue SnowmanDon't cry over spilled glue — transform it into a new ornament! This whimsical snowman craft is one that everyone will want to make.
Kid-Friendly Christmas Decorations
While you could simply purchase a pre-made Christmas decoration, consider adding something personal and unique to your home with handmade decorations! These crafts are kid-friendly, as they're easy to make and will be a unique addition to your home. These decorations use materials you likely already have on hand, too. You'll love displaying these crafts!
- Reindeer Foot and Handprint WreathThis delightful craft is more than just a festive Christmas decoration. It's also a wonderful keepsake that you are sure to treasure for years to come!
- Kids' Clay Pot SnowmanHelp kids the pots together but they can be left alone to decorate the snowman. Snowman craft for kids can be fun all year long!
- Dollar Store Snow Globe Christmas DecorationGorgeous as can be, this super easy and inexpensive craft won't take long to make. Just keep in mind this craft is geared to older children and teens.
- Stunning Stained Glass Paper SnowflakesAdd a pop of color to your window with these snowflakes! The use of bold hues will make this decoration a craft that is so attention-getting.
- Santa, Rudolph, & Frosty Paper Plate CraftThis adorable paper plate craft is a fun way to spend an afternoon. If you'd like, you can attach clean craft sticks to the back of the paper plates and use the crafts as puppets.
- Magnetic Handprint WreathWhether you're looking for an inexpensive class gift for a teacher or just want to make something memorable, you can't go wrong with this Magnetic Handprint Wreath. The colorful craft will look amazing when displayed on your front door.
Christmas Toys and Games
Winter break can be a fun time for families, but what do you do when you're stuck indoors? Fear not, as these Christmas-themed toys and games are to the rescue! From free printables to instructions on how to make a bowling game, these crafts will keep everyone busy during the holiday season. You'll definitely want to keep these crafts at your fingertips when the weather takes a turn for the worse!
- Snowman Bingo Free PrintablesThis delightful take on the typical BINGO game is one that everyone will want to play! You can laminate the cards so that they can be reused, too.
- Free Printable Christmas Cootie CatchersThis paper craft, which is also known as a fortune teller, is a fun way to spend the afternoon. Kids of all ages will enjoy this craft!
- Felt Roll A Snowman GameDo you want to build a snowman? With this fun game, you can! This craft is a great way for little ones to hone their skills for following directions.
- Christmas Bowling CansThink you can get a strike when you play this game? This fun craft promises hours of good times! Everyone will want to take a turn playing this budget-friendly game.
- Snowflake Pattern Printable Memory GameHelp your child improve his or her observation skills with this memory game. This craft is perfect for playing while everyone is waiting for the holiday dinner.
- Christmas Tree Cardboard Doll HouseYou can build a doll house without breaking the budget. This easy tutorial is a great way to upcycle cardboard boxes from your holiday gifts this year.
- Printable Christmas Coloring Pages and CardsWhat's a list of games and toys without coloring pages? Round up your favorite markers and crayons, then get started on these beautiful holiday-themed coloring pages.
Kid-Friendly Snacks and Treats
Christmas crafts can include more than just ornaments and decorations. You can't forget about the special recipes for Christmas snacks! Many of these recipes can be made by kids and won't take long to prepare. If you're looking for just the right snack to serve after decorating the Christmas tree or to have on hand while playing board games at home, then these recipes are for you.
- Edible SnowflakeTurn snack time into craft time! Some of the best simple kids Christmas crafts involve eating or edible elements. Let kids play with their food and cut a tortilla into a custom snowflake shape. They might not even want to eat their masterpiece!
- North Pole Snack MixFeaturing chocolate, peanut butter, and plenty of other delicious ingredients, this easy snack will be a hit with kids of all ages. The easy recipe is one that even children in elementary school can complete — with adult supervision, of course. Keep a bowl of this snack mix at the ready for your family's next movie marathon!
- Christmas Crunch Snack Mix RecipeWith its mix of salty and sweet ingredients, this snack mix is perfect for just about any occasion! You and your child can also place the snack mix in festive decorative bags to share with family and friends.
- Easy Rice Krispies WreathsIf your family loves Rice Krispies Treats, then these wreaths need to be on your radar! The festive food is easy to make and will look pretty on a holiday cookie platter.
What is your favorite Christmas craft to make with kids?
Let us know in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pumpkin Spice Doily Potholder
- Ribbon Christmas Tree Ornament
- Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Joyful Holiday Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Miniature Christmas Crochet Hat
- Crochet Snow Globe Amigurumi
- Quick And Easy Snowflake Ornament
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Diy Crochet Pen Pencil Holder
- How To Make A Chalkboard
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects