Black Chalkboard Paint
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Black Chalkboard Paint
Gifted by: Krylon
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts
Christmas crafting is always more fun when the crafts have a personal touch, and black chalkboard paint is the perfect way to achieve that handmade feel. Not only can you use this versatile paint to color gift boxes, ornaments, Christmas decorations, and more, but you can then write on the painted project with chalk! Tailor these crafts to any occasion or person you'd like, because you can draw any appropriate words or images on your chalkboard paint craft creations. This paint is perfect for crafting with kids, because you can do the painting and within just one short day, your kids can do the drawing. If you or your kids don't like the drawings, no worries. Just erase the chalk and start over again. Most other craft supplies don't allow for those mistakes. After all, once you've drawn with marker or painted with oils, you aren't about to erase your work. Chalk paint creates a surface that allows for mistakes. In fact, the more mistakes the better, because the chalkboard surface looks better when it's been broken in with a little (or a lot) of chalk.
The chalkboard paint itself is incredibly easy to use. Select your wood, metal, glass, plaster, or ceramic surface, apply two coats, and wait approximately 24 hours for the paint to fully dry. Follow the detailed instructions on the back of the can to create a slate-like chalkboard surface of up to twelve square feet per can. If you love the look of a chalkboard surface, you will love the results you will get from using this fabulous paint. Personalize your Christmas projects to perfection when you use chalkboard paint to create a unique writing surface.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win Therm O Web Fabric Fuse!
- Red Heart Sashay Yarn in Waltz
- Chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Chance to win Sakura Koi Water Colors!
- Chance to win Yorganza Fashion Scarf Fabric!
- Enter to win Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn!
- Enter to win Beanie Boos Stickers
- Enter to win a pair of Amplify Mixed Media Scissors!
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Chance to win Cotton Fair Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 18 Fun and Festive DIY Earrings for Christmas
- 14 Book Craft Ideas for Christmas
- Buffalo Plaid Cowl
- Watermelon Cup Cozy
- 14 Best Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas
- 15 Popsicle Stick Crafts for Christmas
- Mrs. Plum Chunky Hat
- 13 Christmas Keepsake Crafts
- 25 Knitting Patterns for Christmas
- Buffalo Plaid Cup Cozy
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects