Black Chalkboard Paint
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Black Chalkboard Paint
Gifted by: Krylon
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts
Christmas crafting is always more fun when the crafts have a personal touch, and black chalkboard paint is the perfect way to achieve that handmade feel. Not only can you use this versatile paint to color gift boxes, ornaments, Christmas decorations, and more, but you can then write on the painted project with chalk! Tailor these crafts to any occasion or person you'd like, because you can draw any appropriate words or images on your chalkboard paint craft creations. This paint is perfect for crafting with kids, because you can do the painting and within just one short day, your kids can do the drawing. If you or your kids don't like the drawings, no worries. Just erase the chalk and start over again. Most other craft supplies don't allow for those mistakes. After all, once you've drawn with marker or painted with oils, you aren't about to erase your work. Chalk paint creates a surface that allows for mistakes. In fact, the more mistakes the better, because the chalkboard surface looks better when it's been broken in with a little (or a lot) of chalk.
The chalkboard paint itself is incredibly easy to use. Select your wood, metal, glass, plaster, or ceramic surface, apply two coats, and wait approximately 24 hours for the paint to fully dry. Follow the detailed instructions on the back of the can to create a slate-like chalkboard surface of up to twelve square feet per can. If you love the look of a chalkboard surface, you will love the results you will get from using this fabulous paint. Personalize your Christmas projects to perfection when you use chalkboard paint to create a unique writing surface.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar Kit
- The Best Yarn to Use for Christmas Crafts
- Jingle Bells Bonbons
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Fashion Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Puzzle Yarn!
- Chance to win Sakura Koi Water Colors!
- Chance to win fun Naughty or Nice Ice Molds!
- Enter to win ChiaoGoo Spin Bamboo Interchangeables!
- Enter to win Branson Downton Abbey Yarn!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Joyful Holiday Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Miniature Christmas Crochet Hat
- Crochet Snow Globe Amigurumi
- Quick And Easy Snowflake Ornament
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Diy Crochet Pen Pencil Holder
- How To Make A Chalkboard
- Halloween Mini Crochet Witch Hat
- Two Shades Ombre Crochet Doily
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects