Lana Boucle Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Lana Boucle Yarn
Gifted by: Brown Sheep Company, Inc.
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
Do you ever imagine yourself lying in a huge pile of yarn? I feel like that's every knitter and crocheter's fantasy. Some days when I'm at the office I feel so happy to be surrounded by so much yarn piled on my desk. The latest yarn that's landed in my lap is Brown Sheep's Lana Boucle Yarn.
There's just something about this yarn that I can't put my finger on; when I hold the skein and squeeze it, it makes me feel happy. I don't know if it reminds me of a bulky sweater or a cozy pair of comfy pants, but I just love it. Lana Boucle is made of 100% wool, but you would never know it by touch. Most wool I've encountered is scratchy, but this yarn is quite soft. It's a worsted weight yarn with 180 yards per hank.
Because I haven't had a chance to work with this type of yarn yet, I'm intrigued by all the variety of colors. With over 30 colors to choose from, my favorites so far are Restless Sea, Tropical Lagoon, Luscious Lilac, and Spring Spritz. You can easily mix and match each of the colors to come up with a fabulous crochet pattern. This yarn line even offers variegated colors, which are beautiful on their own. The colors are inspired by the earth, sea and sky and uniquely blended into luxurious wool.
Wondering what to make with Lana Boucle? Get creative and come up with something on your own. A knit blanket or afghan would be brilliant, but a knit sweater would be completely warm and cozy. Although it's a worsted weight yarn I can imagine a pair of socks being made and worn during the cooler months.
Lana Boucle is definitely the next yarn to try if you haven't already. As I mentioned before, there's just something about it that will immediately grab your attention and make you want to work something up.
What is your favorite type of wool to work with?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"School aged kids and older can make this wreath ornament for the tree using green card, a white gel pen and a few red buttons. There… Continue reading: "Paper Wreath Christmas Ornament"
- Chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Chance to win Bunches of Hugs Yarn!
- Enter to win Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn!
- Enter for a chance to win Semi-Precious Tosh DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Enter to win the Ultimate 5 Piece Silicone Baking Utensil Set!
- Enter for a chance to win Red Heart Fashion Soft Yarn!
- Ultra Thin Wire LED Lights
- Party Bonbons
- Enter to Win the Martha Stewart Holiday Treats Kit Giveaway!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Welcome Snowman Wreath
- Festive Foam Cup Snowmen
- Reversible Snowman Wood Sign
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create free eBook
- 10 Quick and Easy Christmas Gifts to Make free eBook
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- Flower Motif Edged Crochet Table Mat
- Loopy Spring Coaster - Created Out Of Bulky Yarn Made From One Ball Of Light Weight Yarn
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects