Downton Abbey Yarn Collection Review
We are adding the project to your Christmas Projects.
The project was added to your Christmas Projects.
Downton Abbey Yarn Collection Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com
We all know how popular the hit British TV show, Downton Abbey is, but did you know there's a yarn line for it? Premier Yarns is constantly coming out with new and exciting yarn and you're going to love their latest!
The Downton Abbey Collection is a fabulous yarn line that has fun names that play off the TV show. Each character has his or her own skein of yarn named after them:
Lady Mary: This yarn is one of my favorites by looks alone. It's 95% acrylic and 5% glitter, giving it just the right amount of sparkle. Lady Mary is a light weight yarn that must be hand washed and laid flat to dry. This yarn comes in 8 colors including Silver Frost, Sapphire Sparkle, Coral Shine and Lily Ice.
Lady Sybil: Made of 80% acrylic, 10% Angora Effect and 10% Mohair, this yarn surprisingly is pretty soft. This yarn is a fine weight yarn that must also be had washed to keep its fabulous appearance. Because Sybil is "the sweetest spirit", it's no wonder this yarn is super soft. This line comes in 8 colors including Pearl Pink, Mulled Grape, Stone Blue and Jade Green.
Branson: Unlike the other yarns in the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection, Branson is a bulky weight yarn that is 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Also unlike the others, you can machine wash this yarn on the gentle cycle and tumble dry it on low. The colorways are earth-toned allowing you to mix and match and still have a beautiful crochet pattern.
Matthew: This yarn is soft and plushy, which is great for a worsted weight yarn. There are flecks of different colors dispersed throughout the skein, giving it great character. Matthew is 75% acrylic, 21% wool and 4% viscose. I personally cannot wear anything wool, but this yarn seems softer than most.
Each of the yarns within this collection can be mixed and matched giving your crochet pattern a unique look. From 8 colors within each yarn line to choose from, you're sure to find a combination you absolutely love. No matter if you've been a Downton Abbey fan since the first episode or you're just jumping on board the very last season, you will appreciate the colors and textures of each yarn line within the collection. Even if you haven't seen a single episode, you'll want to get your hands on this yarn.
Who is your favorite Downton Abbey character? Comment below and let us know!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Solar Snowflake Tree Outdoor Christmas Decoration
- Enter to win Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn!
- Enter to Win the Martha Stewart Holiday Treats Kit Giveaway!
- Win the North Pole Scrapbooking Collection!
- Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Advent Calendar Kit
- Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars
- Advent Star Calendar
- Enter to win Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Gleam Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quick Round Potholder Placemat
- Snowman Slime
- No Knot Fleece Blanket
- Snowflake Mason Jar Vases
- Crochet Picot Flower Square Motif
- Crochet Heart Snowflake
- Make Gift Tags From Christmas Cards
- Christmas Word Search
- I Spy Christmas
- Crochet Equilateral Triangle
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Create
- 11 Christmas Gift Ideas: Handmade Scarves, Hats and More
- 6 Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts for Summer
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- 7 Thrifty Christmas Craft Ideas
- A Very Homemade Christmas: 13 Craft Ideas and Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Family
- How to Make an Angel for Christmas: 7 Angel Crafts
- How to Make Ornaments: 10 Christmas Ornaments to Make
- How to Make Wreaths: 15 DIY Wreaths for Christmas
- Winter Wonderland: How to Make 8 Snowflakes, Snow Crafts, and Snow Projects